Allegro A8904 and AVR

Go To Last Post
10 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Does anybody have worked with allegro A8904?
I need to drive a 3 phase hybrid stepper motor
Any suggests, tips, code, advice is very appreciated.
First of all I need to initialize the device (serial data) an to start to move the motor...

Many thanks in advance..
:D

Have you read the datasheet for the A8904? What exactly are you having difficulty with?

Yes I did a fast read to data sheet. First of all data sheet don't report an example of to connect the A8904 centertap pin. My motor has only 3 wire...Have you any idea? how to menage centeratap pin ?
I attach a allegro evaluation board scheme...:P

Attachment(s): 

Quote:
My motor has only 3 wire...Have you any idea? how to menage centeratap pin ?

Hmm, I'm not sure the A8904 is an appropriate device for controlling your motor in that case. What model motor is it?

The motor in KT42EM1-002 (servo catalog) The centertap seems to be useful for probe the speed control by sensed back-EMF signal from stator phases. Is possible to override this stage?

That's the problem, I don't think you can. Sensing back-EMF is kind of central to the way that chip works. Besides it is really intended for speed control of brushless motors rather than the position of stepper motors.

On page 9 of A8904 data sheet there is a figure which illustrate a normal waveform of centertap signal. Do you think is possible to generate the same waveform putting a shunt through gnd_path and sensing the voltage at shunt?
Also on page 14 is write if centertap is not connected A8904 has inside a network of 10K resistors that emulates its behavior... May I trust in this?

Hadn't noticed that. Its usually best with things like this to experiment. I could not say whether or not it will work just off the top of my head.

Ok, I'm gone to make a wired prototype for test this devices... Have you a pieces of code for init this devices? Only for reference, for to say ok guy with this code may 3-phase stepper motor should rotate...
Thanks for your interest!

I don't have any code for that device, sorry.