From AdaCore on 2011-Jun-14:
Subject: [AdaCore] Announcing the availability of GNAT GPL 2011
Dear GNAT GPL user,
We are pleased to announce the release of GNAT GPL 2011, the integrated
Ada, C, and C++ toolset for Academic users and FLOSS developers.
This new edition provides many new features and enhancements in all
areas of the technology. The most notable ones are:
- improved support for Ada 2012
- enhanced versions of tools
- GPS 5.0 enhanced IDE (improved support for C/C++, more powerful
source editing, better usability, "¦.),
- GtkAda (new widgets, interface to the Cairo graphics library)
- more flexible and more efficient project manager tool
- support for unloading Ada plug-ins
- improved support for Ada constructs on the .NET platform
- more detailed exception messages (-gnateE switch)
- complete support for Lego MINDSTORMS hardware, including audio and
GNAT GPL 2011 comes with version 5.0.1 of the GNAT Programming Studio
IDE and GNATbench 2.5.1, the GNAT plug-in for Eclipse.
GNAT GPL 2011 can be downloaded from the "Download" section on
The AVR on 32-bit Windows tar file is about 80MB;
utar'd via 7-Zip then ran the installer (uses about 400MB).
The installed configuration is for Mega2560 on STK600;
to use another AVR, read
The GCC is 4.5.3 modified by AdaCore and built on 2011-April-28.