A5801/MIC5801YN PDIP22 replacement

Go To Last Post
9 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I'm starting not to like Microchip, they seem to have discontinued the above Micrel part after taking over the company.

The SMD and PLCC type are still in production (I use the SMD parts on a couple of boards so at least that's good).

Anyone know of a direct replacement from other companies? In one board I have a dual footprint for this chip or the ULN2803 but for repairs I'm running very low in stock. (yes I can get some from eBay or similar)

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

* Electronic Design * Custom Products * Contract Assembly

Well John, dip parts have been scarcer since the early 2000s. Since they still have the SOIC parts, is it time to turn the page/board? (I looked at DK and Mouser and 22 pdips are real scarce)

Imagecraft compiler user

I still have about 30 blank boards in stock, but those can use the ULN2803 as the port used to drive the chip is not used for anything else.

All new boards are using SOIC parts.

The annoying thing is that I have a support case with Microchip since last week without a reply, it may be that they have licensed the PDIP package to another company.

I may just get some from eBay for service purposes for older boards. Still many thousands around.

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

Dear jhon this is very obsoleted

There is not direct replacement

look a digikey or mounser (nte is not working with it)

you can try with std cmos latches 

ULN2803 is a buffer or driver but not a register or latche

Good luck

Ricardo Valles

Hola from venezuela

John,

if you are going to do reapairs is it then not possible to take of the DIP version and replace that by the SOIC? or replace the 5801 with the ULN2803 ?  or are that to big repairs to do?

Question is, does John really care a year and 9 months later? ;)

"I may make you feel but I can't make you think" - Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick

"void transmigratus(void) {transmigratus();} // recursio infinitus" - larryvc

"It's much more practical to rely on the processing powers of the real debugger, i.e. the one between the keyboard and chair." - JW wek3

"When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive: to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -  Marcus Aurelius

larryvc wrote:

Question is, does John really care a year and 9 months later? ;)

... definitely not while on holidays.

Ross McKenzie ValuSoft Melbourne Australia

Or even while still on the ship waiting to disenbark?

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

js wrote:

Or even while still on the ship waiting to disenbark?

Si anche, buon viaggio!

"I may make you feel but I can't make you think" - Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick

"void transmigratus(void) {transmigratus();} // recursio infinitus" - larryvc

"It's much more practical to rely on the processing powers of the real debugger, i.e. the one between the keyboard and chair." - JW wek3

"When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive: to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -  Marcus Aurelius