AN-910 / portable programmer

Go To Last Post
4 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Has anyone out there made a portable unit w serial (RS-232) input, a lagre enough flash/EEPROM memory chip and an ISP header.
The idea is to send the unit to customers and let them do the reprogramming of the chip (Tiny26), which by far is cheaper and faster than letting the customers send their units back to the manfacturer, or sending a technician to all the places the customers has their units.
Seems like an easy job, but if someone's already done it it seems stupid to reinvent the thing.

:D
Tobias Ericsson
Sweden

Tobiase wrote:
Has anyone out there made a portable unit w serial (RS-232) input, a lagre enough flash/EEPROM memory chip and an ISP header.

See www.kanda.com and look for
AVR Keyfob Mini-programmer Starter Kit

Hi,

take a look at
e-lab.de
They have a lot of portable programmers, battery buffered or MMC card
based

Hi Tobias,

seems this thread stopped a few months ago but I am just about to embark on a similar project so thought it would be worth reviving the discussion.

Thansk to those who made reference to the off the shelf portable programmers. However, my application will require a calibration interface and will be required to load two programs in predefined sequence so I think it will have to be a custom job.

Anyone out there made their own before? Any recommended reading (other than AVR910)?

Cheers,

David.