AS 6.1/6.2 Errors - HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG)

Go To Last Post
4 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hey all,

I'm quite tired of this crappy compiler now.. It seems that no matter what I WANT to do, it just throws errors at me.. It has always done so but today, it does it no matter what I try to do.. Just have a look at the following image.. Fun ey? NO..

Seriously.. wtf is going on!? I had this error when I tried to add an existing file as "Add as link" in AS 6.1 so I thought, well lets finally update to 6.2, so I did today. The same error exists and now I cant even browse any of those tabs on the left there under the properties of the project.

What's wrong!? I can't find any direct Atmel Studio related to the "HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG)", so it seems I'm the only one having this problem..

So why do Atmel hate me?

Attachment(s): 

Last Edited: Sat. May 2, 2015 - 09:52 AM

Finally figured it out.. I can't use an AtmelStudio 6.1 project in 6.2.. then it f's up.. If I then try to load the 6.2 project in 6.1 it f's up the whole 6.1 environment.. Then it goes with the 6.2 environment as well..

Anyhow, reinstalled and then created a new project, copying the code from the old project to new files in the new project.. now it works!

But seriously.. Tell me what other software that behaves like this.. Is there no thinking about compatibility at all?

I don't know, I just feel like something is missing.. What a messy day!

Hi,

I had the same problem. I opened two processes (instances) of Atmel Studio 6.1, the first was a reference solution and the second was the working solution. To avoid this, the working solution must be opened first.

Simon Boucher ing., M.Sc.A.
C2T3/Cégep de Trois-Rivières
http://c2t3.qc.ca
http://www.cegeptr.qc.ca/accueil

Total votes: 1

Why is anyone using such old versions of Studio these days? Studio 5/6 did not finally "settle down" until it reached 6.2SP2. Any version prior to that (and that includes 6.1) were likely riddled with bugs.

In theory Studio 7 should be even "better" but reports suggest that may now have it's own "teething troubles" so if you want reliable perhaps stick with 6.2SP2 until the dust settles? (but do make sure you have the latest USB drivers as they get better every time and all sorts of problems in previous versions of Studio 5 and 6 were a result of USB driver issues).