4314 won't run until you connect debugger and start debugging.

Go To Last Post
4 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Used Debug Wire on 2 4313's to debug the code. Works fine now, except:

When I power these on, they won't run unless I connect my AtmelICE and start debugging. Then I can disconnect and they'll run till I cycle the power or reset. The program will only start running if I have the AtmelICE connected.

Puzzled.. Is there something I forgot to do after debugging to tell the chip to just run?

If you don't know my whole story, keep your mouth shut.

If you know my whole story, you're an accomplice. Keep your mouth shut. 

Always exit debugWire ... The chip runs much better in ISP mode :) 

:: Morten

(yes, I work for Microchip, yes, I do this in my spare time, now stop sending PMs)

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Microchip’s positions, strategies, or opinions.

The Tiny4313 or Tiny2313A have weak internal pullups on the RST pin.

These should keep the Tiny out of Reset in normal operation.   Or out of debugWIRE commands when in debugWIRE mode (but not connected to a debugger)

All the same,   an external 10k pullup will be more reassuring.

Unless you have a long-wire antenna connected to the RST/dW pin I can't see it picking up electrical noise unless you are next to an RF trasmitter.

David.

Edit.   I agree with Morten.    debugWIRE is fine on the bench.   Unwise out in the field.   (and the title has a typo)

Last Edited: Mon. Mar 2, 2020 - 09:56 PM

meolsen wrote:

Always exit debugWire ... The chip runs much better in ISP mode :) 

You mean "Disable debugWIRE and close" under the "Debug" menu?

I don't think I've ever actually tried debugging a 4313 before. Always xMega's. Of course, at the price difference, maybe I'll abandon 4313s and use xMega for these little projects.

If you don't know my whole story, keep your mouth shut.

If you know my whole story, you're an accomplice. Keep your mouth shut.