128A1 Xplained and ICCAVR

Go To Last Post
4 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

While I'm waiting for this board to arrive I've downloaded some of the eval s/w and noticed that it's written for GCC-AVR or IAR. I use ICCAVR and, not surprisingly I guess, can't get the stuff to compile. It looks like I don't have the right header files, though ICCAVR does have some Xmega A1 header files, just not all the ones included in the Atmel s/w.

I've installed WinAVR to see about going the GCC-AVR route, but it looks like a steep learning curve coming from a fairly integrated environment like ICCAVR, which I only use sporadically (and spasmodically) in any event.

Have any ICCAVR users solved this problem? I apologize if this isn't the right forum, but it seemed like the least-wrong one. I've signed up for the ICCAVR mailing list to post there, but they're on vacation so I don't know how long it will take to get "approved."

Thanks.

Quote:

I've installed WinAVR to see about going the GCC-AVR route, but it looks like a steep learning curve coming from a fairly integrated environment like ICCAVR, which I only use sporadically (and spasmodically) in any event.

If you use it with AS4 is it not actually SIMPLER?!?

clawson wrote:
Quote:

If you use it with AS4 is it not actually SIMPLER?!?

Why?

Because AS4 as an IDE has less settable options than ICC as an IDE