I'm having trouble programming/debugging an ATmega165A. Programming via ISP works fine. But programming/debugging via JTAG always failes. I'm having a brand new JTAGICE3 and an JTAGICE MKII. Both operate with the same results:
- Whe trying to read device signature I get the message: "Unable to enter programming mode. The read id indicates that the connected device is an ATmega165A. Error details: Severity=INFO, ComponentId=20100, StatusCode=0" The device signature is displayed correctly 0x1E9410 but is marked red.
- When trying JTAG programming the process failes completely. Not even the signature bytes can be read. I get the message: "Execution of command cancelled because of previous command failure. Error Details: Severity=CANCEL, ComponentId=20000, StatusCode=0)"
- When trying JTAG debugging I get the error message: "Device signature seems to indicate a different part (ATmega169PA)...". However, when reading fuse bytes via ISP after trying JTAG debugging I see that the OCD fuse hase been programmed.
The ATmega165A setup is as follows:
- Power supply: 3.3V
- No other signals/components are connected to the JTAG pins (verified)
- ATmega165A runs with a 7.3728MHz crystal (verified)
- JTAG clock frequency = 250kHz
- I have monitored the JTAG lines with a scope. Signals seem to be OK. However, with my scope I'm not able to monitor the complete sequence. I may have to pick up a better scope.
- No lock bits are programmed
- Fuse bits:
BODLEVEL = 2V7
RSTDISBL = [ ]
OCDEN = [ ]
JTAGEN = [X]
SPIEN = [X]
WDTON = [ ]
EESAVE = [X]
BOOTSZ = 1024W_1C00
BOOTRST = [ ]
CKDIV8 = [ ]
CKOUT = [ ]
SUT_CKSEL = EXTXOSC_3MHZ_8MHZ_16KCK_65MS
EXTENDED = 0xFB (valid)
HIGH = 0x91 (valid)
LOW = 0xFD (valid)
I appreciate any help!!!