I am trying to build solar cell + inverter + SMPS voltage monitor.
The inputs are:
1. Solar PV cell voltage and current.
2. Input voltage from PT (potential transformer)
3. Current through CT (current transformer)
4. SMPS Voltage and Current.
5. Inverter status (on/Battery low/overload)
The outputs are:
1. SMPS switch (ON/OFF)
2. Inverter switch (ON/OFF and RESET)
3. RS232 interface
6. GSM/RF (for remote logging capability)
The main point of this project is data logging ie. to b able to send an update of the front-end (PV/inverter/SMPS) once every morning, every day remotely. Also should be able to control the system (nos.1 and 2) remotely i.e. through internet.
Based on this, which uC should I use? I understand this is an AVR forum but if anybody has a suggestion on which ARM microcontroller to use, I would appreciate it as well.
Thanks a lot for your help.