avr+linux

How can I add the following to it?
PS/2 port (for keyboard)
RCA Video out (for TV connectivity)(for X)
Possibly Ethernet port (for networking?)
Are these possible?
Can I install the most lightweight browser I find?

This topic has a solution.
Last Edited: Wed. Jun 13, 2018 - 05:46 PM

You do know that it takes 2-3 hours to boot as far as a login: prompt don't you? It's a piece of technical genius but no one would ever describe it as useful/usable!

jimmis98 wrote:
Can I install the most lightweight browser I find?

Your ISP would certainly not complain about you using too much bandwidth. :wink:

I found it to be a very cool project too.

"I may make you feel but I can't make you think" - Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick

"void transmigratus(void) {transmigratus();} // recursio infinitus" - larryvc

"It's much more practical to rely on the processing powers of the real debugger, i.e. the one between the keyboard and chair." - JW wek3

"When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive: to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -  Marcus Aurelius

whaaat, no HD video playback on the list, you need to be more ambitious.

Quote:

whaaat, no HD video playback on the list, you need to be more ambitious.

Lessee--if it takes several hours to boot, then the frame rate would be measured in hours or days?

I liked the JavaScript based Linux emulator. IIRC Cliff posted a link to that some time ago.

I really really really don't care about speed

It's not as if I would use it as an actual computer...

Last Edited: Wed. Jun 13, 2018 - 05:48 PM

You don't care about speed? The thing is impossibly slow! When you've got things like the Raspberry Pi at a price point less than the cost of an ethernet shield, why would you bother?

Because I can?!
There doesn't have to be a reason for everything you know...
When I say I dont care about speed I mean that it doesn't bother mw that I will start in the night and it will have booted in the morning.

Last Edited: Wed. Jun 13, 2018 - 05:49 PM

Of course a Raspberry Pi is a more practical choise

Also see my signature [removed]

Because you can! If you can, you wouldn't be asking the question. Can it be done? Of course it can. How? With a lot of effort. If you REALLY want to tavkle this, then avoid ethernet and use a serial SLIP connection. That gives you the internet interface. As to what browser, then try any you have available.

Kartman wrote:

I meant for the "I can" feeling. Sorry and thank you

Last Edited: Wed. Jun 13, 2018 - 06:03 PM

jimmis98 wrote:
Also see my signature
Why? Are you "spaming" [sic]?

"void transmigratus(void) {transmigratus();} // recursio infinitus" - larryvc

larryvc wrote:
jimmis98 wrote:
Also see my signature
Why? Are you "spaming" [sic]?

No.. It means something

Last Edited: Wed. Jun 13, 2018 - 05:51 PM

I have switched off your signature in the posts above - to me this just looks like very subtle spam.

Moderator.

Moderator.

Did you waste your time on at least reading it?

Last Edited: Sun. Jul 31, 2016 - 06:19 AM

You say that it is doable, but it takes so much time that makes it so unpractical that none would consider it doable, am I correct?
Well, if it is doable, I most certainly want to do it, so, as I said previously, could you explain me what I would need to make it real? Even I power it and it responds after two hundrend hours.

Last Edited: Wed. Jun 13, 2018 - 05:52 PM

Quote:

Did you waste your time on at least reading it?

It was a page full of links to other pages - that's exactly what site spammers use when trying to promote their Google hit score. As I say, just looked like spam to me.

Quote:

Did you waste your time on at least reading it?

I thought i copied a poem, not a page full of links. Wha?

Last Edited: Wed. Jun 13, 2018 - 05:59 PM
This reply has been marked as the solution.

If you REALLY want to try it, i'd suggest you get a bit of experience with linux especially with networking. Having a background in computer architecture helps