I'm new to all these.
I used LM7805 as the power supply, connected to a 9v battery
Atmega168-Pin 7,Vcc and pin20, Avcc connected to positive, Pin8, Gnd and pin22, Agnd connected to negative.
Pin1, reset connect high.
Atmega168 is connected to STK parallel port dongle programmer.
I turn on the power for the 1st time, and used the mutlimeter to check the power rail and only found 2.4v. I got smells of something burning, the Atmega168 was very hot, but no smoke seen.
So, the is the Atmega168 overheated and damaged?