Quoth the Raven!

Pages

Welcome to the freaks. May the AVR be with you!

Welcome too! You've got to have another AVRFreaker close to you too... another AUS user shares your IP! Same network perhaps?

-Colin

markus_b wrote:
Ross,

I just abused you for some testing: I send you two messages and they are both in my outbox now. The message to magnus has vanished, now. He might have clicked through them for us not to worry - nice - thanks ! :-).

Markus

Hi Markus.

Yes, got your two messages. Does that experiment prove your hypothesis? Hope so.

Thanks for experimenting on me :lol:

Ross McKenzie ValuSoft Melbourne Australia

No it's limited to people who have more than 50 posts.

50 Posts? I am almost there!

My PM is now in the Sentbox. I am starting to get (even more) excited. :D

Although, I am trying not to get too excited in case it still doesn't work out.

Just saw the Raven on AVR TV ... I want one :D BTW congrats Kevin (kmr) on winning.. The STK600 $199 shipping now :roll:
Dyan...

Thanks, KV9R! I noted the STK600 shipping now statement as well -- perhaps it's being shipped to distributors now, but neither Mouser nor Digikey have the part listed on their site (which normally they do have a week or two before their receive their first shipment).

wow thanks magnusp and atmel for being so generous :lol:
i know i am a bit slow in posting but from now on i will try to post more
the message for you has disappered from outbox
and thank god there is no restriction as 50 posts
:wink: :P

change without any change is no change ;-)

Hi kmr and nick-123 thanks for the helloooo.

c_oflynn wrote:

-Colin

Yeah one of my workmates is a long-time Freak and it was he who gave me the word on the new Raven gear. He was lucky enough to get in early so at least I'll be able to see the kit first-hand :-)

Quote:
Yeah one of my workmates is a long-time Freak
Posting you location would help to know where you are, maybe someone else is close by.

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

* Electronic Design * Custom Products * Contract Assembly

Quote:
My PM of 28 Feb is still in my outbox like yours ... so if you are out of luck ... so am I
Mine was January 27th and is still in the Outbox

Mine, also, is still queued. I'm sure Atmel will process all eligible members in due course.

- Dean :twisted:

Make Atmel Studio better with my free extensions. Open source and feedback welcome!

I don't understand why mine has gone from the outbox but others like dean are still waiting!

Maybe mine was just deleted :lol:

Anyway beggers can't be choosers if I get one great, if not i'll just buy.

Darren

----------------------------------------------------
Those whom the gods wish to destroy
they must first teach to use c
----------------------------------------------------

My distributor informed me that their Atmel representative stated that the kit is not available yet. He'll keep me informed, but I'd take the whole "available now" on the press release with a grain of salt.

Dave

Just to save others from reading through all the pages of this thread:

This post is where the offer for a free Raven kit stops: https://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=417014&highlight=#417014

Quote:
Posts/PMs from now on will not qualify, but there might be new opportunities in not to long...

If you want to track new posts in hopes of getting in early on "new opportunities" here is the poster's message list: https://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=search&search_author=magnusp

Hope this saves you some time. :-)

--Phil.

js wrote:
Quote:
Yeah one of my workmates is a long-time Freak

Hi JS, thanks for the hint I've updated my profile.

geek.au wrote:
js wrote:
Quote:
Yeah one of my workmates is a long-time Freak

Hi JS, thanks for the hint I've updated my profile.

So Geek, are you afraid to type your "location" in the profile. Adjusting the map pointer isn't enough :lol:

Ross McKenzie ValuSoft Melbourne Australia

We still have this little piece of business from Magnusp:

Quote:
Let us try a new contest:

The RZRAVEN kit has its name from the Norse mythodology after Odin's two scouting ravens (Huginn and Muninn). The RZRAVEN kit will be sold for $99, but what did Odin have to pay for Huginn and Muninn?

They weren't a gift from Hel for her banishment?

Chuck Baird

"I wish I were dumber so I could be more certain about my opinions. It looks fun." -- Scott Adams

zbaird wrote:
We still have this little piece of business from Magnusp:

Quote:
Let us try a new contest:

Yes, the answer to that question is what I am interested in, too.

Stealing Proteus doesn't make you an engineer.

He just helped himself to a couple of birds. They where probably lured to him by the smell when he had hanged himself on a branch of yggdrasil, wounded by his own spear. Odin trained the ravens himself and tought them to speak.

geek.au wrote:
js wrote:
Quote:
Yeah one of my workmates is a long-time Freak

Hi JS, thanks for the hint I've updated my profile.

He's in the kitchen making himself a coffee right at the moment, but normally he sits about 3 meters to the right of me in the office.

Michael

..another Melbourniter...

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

* Electronic Design * Custom Products * Contract Assembly

mcollas wrote:

Michael

Now just to get the Exocet coordinates correct, is that to my right of you or your right? Wouldn't want to clobber the wrong one ... :lol:

Ross McKenzie ValuSoft Melbourne Australia

Quote:

is that to my right of you or your right?

Neither. Way off on the Nolan Chart... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nol...

valusoft wrote:
mcollas wrote:

Michael

Oooh that's a bit harsh :shock: also I didn't know you were working on an avr-uav!

Since the Exocet is an anti-ship missile that flies inbound very low over open water, stay away from open waters and shorelines, then you should be safe :wink:. However, maybe Ross is working on a modified 802.15.4 MAC locating/targeting system. You better keep your RZRAVEN node(s) identification secret also :).

Maybe ravens hang around wolves because they are keeping an eye out for Fenrir's friends?

At least my PM outbox finally got read.

zbaird wrote:
We still have this little piece of business from Magnusp:

Quote:
Let us try a new contest:

They weren't a gift from Hel for her banishment?

I thought that in the myth Odin created them both himself?

Darren

----------------------------------------------------
Those whom the gods wish to destroy
they must first teach to use c
----------------------------------------------------

Atmel gave them to Odin because he posted in the thread before the deadline and PMed his info to Magnusp.

Chuck Baird

geek.au wrote:
valusoft wrote:
mcollas wrote:

Michael

Harsh? No ... actually getting hit by an Exocet might be harsh though. A threat never hurt anyone.

As for AVR-UAV, close...I was the first project manager for the Aerosonde. But no AVRs "were ill treated in the making of this movie" subject.

Enjoy creating your Raven network with Mike's units.

Cheers,

Ross McKenzie ValuSoft Melbourne Australia

Mike B wrote:

Well I understood that "geek" was "sailing" around the office and kitchen. That is why I chose the appropriate "tool" for the job. And Melbourne is clustered around Port Philip ... so plenty of water and shorelines.

Mike B wrote:

At least my PM outbox finally got read.

Mine also. Odd that it did not get shifted to the Sent box though. The mysteries of Nordic PMing I guess.

Cheers,

Ross McKenzie ValuSoft Melbourne Australia

Ross,

[EDIT] it got me too, as mine was also hiding down in the list :oops:.
________
Mike

Last Edited: Wed. Mar 5, 2008 - 11:50 AM

Mike B wrote:
Ross,

Good catch, mine didn't get put in my sentbox either. I bet the server timed them out and deleted them for being unread for too long or something like that.
________
Mike

Mike,

If that is the case, I am going to be "right royally p!$$ed off".

CORRECTION: Found my PM in the Sent box. It was several messages back because they are listed in original date order. Apologies to all.

Ross McKenzie ValuSoft Melbourne Australia

valusoft wrote:
geek.au wrote:
Hi JS, thanks for the hint I've updated my profile.

I suspect you viewed his profile (or post) shortly after he updated his location--it seems on this forum location updates aren't propagated immediately (as I discovered when I updated mine).

--Phil.

Hmm, interesting. Any ideas on power draw in standby mode

For the whole raven board, the usb-stick or the AT86RF230 -chip only?

-Sale

EDIT: let's learn to type the chip type correctly the first time..

Sauli Särkkä
Oulunsalo, Finland

The current consumption will depend mostly on the mode the radio transceiver is in. In transmit mode it will draw 16.5 mA and in receive 15.5 mA. TRX_OFF mode (Digital path active) is 1.7 mA, with sleep into the nA region.

The ATmega3290P and ATmega1284P are both run at 4 MHz, so they both consume about 4 mA each. The audio amplifier also consumes considerable ammount of power when enabled.

These numbers are all in active mode.

-Fastbakken

Hello Magnus,

I'am also intersted in the RZ-Raven. I've seen them already at the fair in Nürnberg. Really interesting
possibilities (also the Xmega are great new devices).

I've sent you also a PM.

Greetings

Can anyone tell me how many Raven boards can be hooked up on the same network? Also, how do things work if there are two networks of boards located in the same reception area. How do they not clash?

Is there any info on how much data can be transfered? I suppose this is affected by the number of boards connected?

In theory, there can be as much as 65535 different boards connected to the same network. In practice, that would be quite difficult. Respect to the different networks, each one can work in a different comm channel without collision, if the settings are right.

To dig further into technical possibilities, then better you search for the right specs about the physical network. Or google for more information about ZigBee (that runs on top of this physical network).

Guillem.
"Common sense is the least common of the senses" Anonymous.

I would really love to bring one of these along on our weekly high school visits (for college recruiting), although it's probably too late, I hope he still sends one.

Excuse me if this message is old news. Apparently you can already pre-order both the STK600 and the Raven on digi-key :D . Though no word of delivery time. :(

celta11 wrote:

You have to add an item to your cart to check on delivery time.

Raven: April 29th
STK600: March 30th

@magnusp:

Are you ready to declare your contest over and tell us what Odin had to pay to get his ravens?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Chuck Baird

yzf600 wrote:
celta11 wrote:

You have to add an item to your cart to check on delivery time.

Raven: April 29th
STK600: March 30th

Thanks a lot !. I guess is time to add an item to my cart...

yzf600 wrote:
Raven: April 29th
STK600: March 30th
I preordered the STK600 last weekend and Digikey reported an expected ship time of 3/20 at that point. Some of the topboards were as long as 4/29.

Mouser has a shipping date of 03/14/2008 for the STK600 but no dates on the adaptors. I ordered the STK600 from Mouser, but will order the DIP and 100 pin tqfp adaptors from Digi-Key if necessary.
Dyan...

Hmm, never mind...

STK600 and Raven are sweet.

- Tony B. Sydney, Australia.
tbaz2679@mail.usyd.edu.au

Status: Supporting the GNU

Quoth the Raven "Eat my shorts!" B. Simpson.

Hmmm my guess

Blackbird.

SR71

Trollicus_Rex wrote:
Quoth the Raven "Eat my shorts!" B. Simpson.

Hmmm my guess

Blackbird.

SR71

Well, you can eat your own shorts! :lol:

I'll be happy to have the SR71 Blackbird. :wink:

You can avoid reality, for a while.  But you can't avoid the consequences of reality! - C.W. Livingston

Quote:
I'll be happy to have the SR71 Blackbird.

Heck, I'll be happy with a bottle of Old Crow.

Lee