Nokia 3310 FBUS <--> Microcontroller (ATmega168)

Go To Last Post
35 posts / 0 new
Author
Message
#1
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Hi all,

For a project I need to communicate between a Nokia 3310 phone and a ATmega168 (Arduino). To synchronize the UART in the phone with the microcontroller I send 128 times 'U' or 0x55 in HEX. Then, for testing the communication between the 2 devices I send:

1E 00 0C D1 00 07 00 01 00 03 00 01 60 00 72 D5

This sample frame is used to get the hardware and software version back from the Nokia 3310 phone. So with this I can test if the hole thing is working. But NOTHING happens...

The hardware that I'm using are 2 transistors with some resistors to invert the signal between the uC and the 3310. This because a data cable (FBUS) also inverts the signal.

To be complete a picture of the setup and the code what I use:

// ASCII Table 
// by Nicholas Zambetti  

void setup() 
{ 
  Serial.begin(115200); 

  // wait for the long string to be sent 
  delay(100); 
} 
 
int number = 0; // first visible character '!' is #33 
int var = 0;
int var2 = 0;
int incomingByte = 0;
 
void loop() 
{ 

  while(var < 128){
    Serial.print(0x55, HEX);
    //delay(10);
  var++;
  }
  
  
  
  
  while(var2 < 1){
    
  // 1E 00 0C D1 00 07 00 01 00 03 00 01 60 00 72 D5
 
  delay(1000); 
  
  //Serial.print("1E0CD10701030160072D5");
  
  
  Serial.print(0x1E, HEX);   //1E
  Serial.print(0x00, HEX);   //00
  Serial.print(0x0C, HEX);   //0C
  Serial.print(0xD1, HEX);   //D1
  Serial.print(0x00, HEX);   //00
  Serial.print(0x07, HEX);   //07
  Serial.print(0x00, HEX);   //00 
  Serial.print(0x01, HEX);   //01
  Serial.print(0x00, HEX);   //00
  Serial.print(0x03, HEX);   //03
  Serial.print(0x00, HEX);   //00
  Serial.print(0x01, HEX);   //01
  Serial.print(0x60, HEX);   //60
  Serial.print(0x00, HEX);   //00
  Serial.print(0x72, HEX);   //72
  Serial.print(0xD5, HEX);   //D5
  
  //Serial.println(0);   //0
  //delay(1000);
  
  var2++;
  }
  
  
  if (Serial.available() > 0) {
		// read the incoming byte:
		incomingByte = Serial.read();

		// say what you got:
		//Serial.print("I received: ");
		Serial.print(incomingByte, HEX);
  }
 
}

It would be VERY great if someone can help me with this to get it working.... Yesterday I've ben working on this from 08:00 till 23:00 :roll: :cry: Without ANY result.... So you can imagine how glad I would be to have this working LOL :wink:

With kind regards,

Atmoz

Techno!!

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

You mentioned that you use a FBUS-cable that inverts the signal. I guess that it is one of those that would normally be connected to a serial port on a PC host. Because that cable has some "intelligence" in it, it needs a power supply to operate. When connected to a PC it takes the needed power from a free signal lines, RTS and CTS for example.

If I recall correctly it uses one signal line for positive power supply and another for negative. So you would need to connect at least five pins: Gnd, Tx, Rx, Vdd, and Vss.

On a side note, I connected my 7250i to the USART of an AVR using Nökia's CA-53 cable which is a straight cable, no electronics. Then I just used a resistor voltage divider on AVR's Tx side and two NPN-transistors forming two inverters on Rx side. Works like a charm.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Tuomas wrote:
You mentioned that you use a FBUS-cable that inverts the signal. I guess that it is one of those that would normally be connected to a serial port on a PC host. Because that cable has some "intelligence" in it, it needs a power supply to operate. When connected to a PC it takes the needed power from a free signal lines, RTS and CTS for example.

If I recall correctly it uses one signal line for positive power supply and another for negative. So you would need to connect at least five pins: Gnd, Tx, Rx, Vdd, and Vss.

On a side note, I connected my 7250i to the USART of an AVR using Nökia's CA-53 cable which is a straight cable, no electronics. Then I just used a resistor voltage divider on AVR's Tx side and two NPN-transistors forming two inverters on Rx side. Works like a charm.

Thanks for the answer Tuomas.
But I don't use the original FBUS cable from Nokia. I mentioned that because I invert the signal also. I don't use the original data cable because of what you say: the need of power. I just use RX, TX and GND from the Nokia 3310 phone. Hence the inverting transistors...

With kind regards,

Atmoz

Techno!!

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Oh! In that case you shouldn't invert the signal at all. Just convert the signal levels properly as I did with my phone.

You see, the original cable inverts the signal because the PC serial port uses something like (I don't remember the exact figures) -3V...-12V to represent logic one and +3V...+12V to represent logic zero.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Are you familiar with the FBUS? The connection typically starts with the standard serial modem connection and the phone is then set to FBUS mode with an AT-command. This means that the standard serial connection is used except that the baudrate becomes higher (was it 115200) when the FBUS-mode is entered. The FBUS is not really a physical layer protocol.

Debugging is for sissies and delivery for surgeons. Real men do demonstration.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Tuomas wrote:
Oh! In that case you shouldn't invert the signal at all. Just convert the signal levels properly as I did with my phone.

You see, the original cable inverts the signal because the PC serial port uses something like (I don't remember the exact figures) -3V...-12V to represent logic one and +3V...+12V to represent logic zero.

Thank you for the help. I've directly connect RX/TX from the ATmega168 to RX/TX from my Nokia 3310. The two GND's are also connected. If I send the 128 0x55's and then the "get HW/SW command" still nothing happens... But if I power on the phone, then soms strange characters are send from TX (phone) to RX (ATmega168). But these are not readable...

turboscrew wrote:
Are you familiar with the FBUS? The connection typically starts with the standard serial modem connection and the phone is then set to FBUS mode with an AT-command. This means that the standard serial connection is used except that the baudrate becomes higher (was it 115200) when the FBUS-mode is entered. The FBUS is not really a physical layer protocol.

I've read some thing (a lot of hours) about the FBUS. I've also read about the Nokia 3310 which doesn't understand AT commands due to the not present modem! The FBUS works at 115200 indeed, that is what my ATmega168 working with also.

On the internet it says that I only have to send 128 times 0x55 ('U' in normal language). And then the get HW/SW command to "test" the connection/communication between the 2 devices...

I'm stuck here guy's. It won't work :(

Thanks a lot for the help.

Regards,

Atmoz

Techno!!

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Just a guess, you should probably use e.g.

Serial.print(0x55, BYTE); 

i.e., you should not output HEX formatted numbers.
/Lars

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Lajon wrote:
Just a guess, you should probably use e.g.

Serial.print(0x55, BYTE); 

i.e., you should not output HEX formatted numbers.
/Lars

Hmzz, this also doesn't work :(

I see the 128 U's coming, but then the phone doesn't send anything back (after I request the SW/HW version)...

Atmoz

Techno!!

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

I don´t (sorry, the tic-key is stuck) know about this specific phone, but
typically the character time-out requirement is relaxed. It is supposed to be 5ms, but
I guess, most devices tolerate even 10 ms character timeouts. The character timeout
means, that a message is considered broken/ended if time between two consecutive
bytes exceed the timeout value, which is "officially" 5 ms. Is this checked?

Debugging is for sissies and delivery for surgeons. Real men do demonstration.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

By the way, have you checked http://www.embedtronics.com/nokia/fbus.html?
It says that:
"F-Bus is the later high-speed full-duplex bus. It uses one pin for transmitting data and one pin for receiving data plus the ground pin. Very much like a standard serial port. It is fast 115,200bps, 8 data bits, no parity, one stop bit. For F-Bus the data terminal ready (DTR) pin must be set and the request to send (RTS) pin cleared."

Debugging is for sissies and delivery for surgeons. Real men do demonstration.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

turboscrew wrote:
I don´t (sorry, the tic-key is stuck) know about this specific phone, but
typically the character time-out requirement is relaxed. It is supposed to be 5ms, but
I guess, most devices tolerate even 10 ms character timeouts. The character timeout
means, that a message is considered broken/ended if time between two consecutive
bytes exceed the timeout value, which is "officially" 5 ms. Is this checked?

What is "tic-key"? (sorry, I don't speak English very good...)

No, I have not checked the character timeouts. I didn't know about the timings. Is it between the 128 U's or between the U's and the get HW/SW version?

Thank you :)

turboscrew wrote:
By the way, have you checked http://www.embedtronics.com/nokia/fbus.html?
It says that:
"F-Bus is the later high-speed full-duplex bus. It uses one pin for transmitting data and one pin for receiving data plus the ground pin. Very much like a standard serial port. It is fast 115,200bps, 8 data bits, no parity, one stop bit. For F-Bus the data terminal ready (DTR) pin must be set and the request to send (RTS) pin cleared."

Yep, but that is if you use the FBUS data cable from Nokia... I don't use that as I mentioned before ;)

Now I have a direct connection between RX/TX/GND from phone and Arduino (ATmega168)

With kind regards,

Atmoz

Techno!!

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

With the "tic-key" i mean the single quote character key (The name is from forth-language.

The character time-out is the time limit between two consecutive bytes of the same message. If the gap between two consecutive bytes is longer than that, the latter is no more considered to belong to the same message but the first one of a new message.

By the way, is this of any help?
http://www.nokia-tuning.net/inde...

Atmoz wrote:
turboscrew wrote:
I don´t (sorry, the tic-key is stuck) know about this specific phone, but
typically the character time-out requirement is relaxed. It is supposed to be 5ms, but
I guess, most devices tolerate even 10 ms character timeouts. The character timeout
means, that a message is considered broken/ended if time between two consecutive
bytes exceed the timeout value, which is "officially" 5 ms. Is this checked?

What is "tic-key"? (sorry, I don't speak English very good...)

No, I have not checked the character timeouts. I didn't know about the timings. Is it between the 128 U's or between the U's and the get HW/SW version?

Thank you :)

turboscrew wrote:
By the way, have you checked http://www.embedtronics.com/nokia/fbus.html?
It says that:
"F-Bus is the later high-speed full-duplex bus. It uses one pin for transmitting data and one pin for receiving data plus the ground pin. Very much like a standard serial port. It is fast 115,200bps, 8 data bits, no parity, one stop bit. For F-Bus the data terminal ready (DTR) pin must be set and the request to send (RTS) pin cleared."

Yep, but that is if you use the FBUS data cable from Nokia... I don't use that as I mentioned before ;)

Now I have a direct connection between RX/TX/GND from phone and Arduino (ATmega168)

With kind regards,

Atmoz

Quote:
Quote:

Debugging is for sissies and delivery for surgeons. Real men do demonstration.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Oh, and you might find this useful too:
http://www.ucdevelopers.page.tl/...

Debugging is for sissies and delivery for surgeons. Real men do demonstration.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Have ever you try to connect your Arduino to PC's com port and look at the terminal? This is just to ensure that both your code and Arduino is working.. If it is working, then try to attach your 3310 to PC and query it using terminal too..
If you are sure that everything is ok then it should be fine.
Serial communications between these are essential in baudrate, voltage level and protocol. PC using RS232 level standard which is different with AVR that uses TTL (depends on your supply voltage, 5 volt or 3.3 volt). I don't know that Arduino has TTL to RS232 converter, please consider that too. Last, please note that Nokia's FBUS uses DTR and RTS for handshaking.
This link is good as mentioned before: http://www.embedtronics.com/nokia/fbus.html

KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid!

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

One more thing that is worth considering: I developed and tested my FBUS-related code on a linux host first. That way I was able to record every byte my code sent to the phone and received from it. When I was satisfied with it, it was a walk in a park to port it to AVR host.

EDIT: Of course, you need a COM port to do this...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

3310 can not use DTR/RTS. There are no electrical connections. See
http://www.technick.net/public/c...

m23402027 wrote:
Have ever you try to connect your Arduino to PC's com port and look at the terminal? This is just to ensure that both your code and Arduino is working.. If it is working, then try to attach your 3310 to PC and query it using terminal too..
If you are sure that everything is ok then it should be fine.
Serial communications between these are essential in baudrate, voltage level and protocol. PC using RS232 level standard which is different with AVR that uses TTL (depends on your supply voltage, 5 volt or 3.3 volt). I don't know that Arduino has TTL to RS232 converter, please consider that too. Last, please note that Nokia's FBUS uses DTR and RTS for handshaking.
This link is good as mentioned before: http://www.embedtronics.com/nokia/fbus.html

Debugging is for sissies and delivery for surgeons. Real men do demonstration.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

turboscrew wrote:
Oh, and you might find this useful too:
http://www.ucdevelopers.page.tl/...

Thanks! I've seen that site (it is in my favorites :)) from there, and the other website (embedtronics.com) I got all the info.

m23402027 wrote:
Have ever you try to connect your Arduino to PC's com port and look at the terminal? This is just to ensure that both your code and Arduino is working.. If it is working, then try to attach your 3310 to PC and query it using terminal too..
If you are sure that everything is ok then it should be fine.
Serial communications between these are essential in baudrate, voltage level and protocol. PC using RS232 level standard which is different with AVR that uses TTL (depends on your supply voltage, 5 volt or 3.3 volt). I don't know that Arduino has TTL to RS232 converter, please consider that too. Last, please note that Nokia's FBUS uses DTR and RTS for handshaking.
This link is good as mentioned before: http://www.embedtronics.com/nokia/fbus.html

I have connected the Arduino to the computer (RS232) but I cannot connect the phone to computer, because Hyperterminal doesn't work with HEX commands. About the TTL/RS232 levels: I tried lots of configuration. With and without level inverters and converters. It still doesn't work. I already made LOTS of devices communicating with each other or with a computer. I only do not get this working with the 3310 phone. RTS/DTR is not used in my schematic because both Arduino and 3310 phone don't have RTS and DTR.

Tuomas wrote:
One more thing that is worth considering: I developed and tested my FBUS-related code on a linux host first. That way I was able to record every byte my code sent to the phone and received from it. When I was satisfied with it, it was a walk in a park to port it to AVR host.

EDIT: Of course, you need a COM port to do this...

Yes, that's the problem. Linux can work with HEX commands. A simple terminal like Hyperterminal can't. That's why other phone programs (Nokia Logo Manager, etc) do work: the can send/receive HEX commands...

turboscrew wrote:
3310 can not use DTR/RTS. There are no electrical connections. See
http://www.technick.net/public/c...

m23402027 wrote:
Have ever you try to connect your Arduino to PC's com port and look at the terminal? This is just to ensure that both your code and Arduino is working.. If it is working, then try to attach your 3310 to PC and query it using terminal too..
If you are sure that everything is ok then it should be fine.
Serial communications between these are essential in baudrate, voltage level and protocol. PC using RS232 level standard which is different with AVR that uses TTL (depends on your supply voltage, 5 volt or 3.3 volt). I don't know that Arduino has TTL to RS232 converter, please consider that too. Last, please note that Nokia's FBUS uses DTR and RTS for handshaking.
This link is good as mentioned before: http://www.embedtronics.com/nokia/fbus.html

Indeed. I think they only are in the original Nokia FBUS cable to supply power!!

Techno!!

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Atmoz wrote:

Tuomas wrote:
One more thing that is worth considering: I developed and tested my FBUS-related code on a linux host first. That way I was able to record every byte my code sent to the phone and received from it. When I was satisfied with it, it was a walk in a park to port it to AVR host.

EDIT: Of course, you need a COM port to do this...

Yes, that's the problem. Linux can work with HEX commands. A simple terminal like Hyperterminal can't. That's why other phone programs (Nokia Logo Manager, etc) do work: the can send/receive HEX commands...

Actually, I didn't mean that you should use a terminal. Just make your FBUS-code store everything it sends and receives into a file.

I structured my code so that platform independent message processing was separate from the actual port write and read functions. In linux those two functions took care of the logging as well. It could be done in windows just as well.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

It seems that MAX232 is very popular chip used for the cable. I suggest that you either use it or get the datasheets http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/...
and compare the input thresholds and output levels of your cable to the specs. If they look similar, i would then check the rising and falling edge slopes.

If you first output the 0x55´s and then the query frame taking care that the time between the 0x55´s nor the bytes of the query messqge do not exceed 5 ms and that there is, say, 10 ms delay between the last byte of the 0x55 chunk and the first byte of the query, and still no response, then i´d suspect that there is still something wrong with the cable.

BTW, looks like the MAX232 does invert the signals.

Debugging is for sissies and delivery for surgeons. Real men do demonstration.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

You guys were talking about acceptable delays in the communication, which just rang a bell for me. Here is a piece of code from my FBUS initialization routine

//synchronize bus
for(i=0; i < 255; i++)
   while(bus_write_byte(0x55) != FBUS_OK);

wait_ms(10); //we must give the phone time to initialize (~6.3 ms)

return fbus_refresh();

fbus_refresh() sends a command to the phone and checks for the response. As you can see, you need to wait some time before you send the message. Sorry that I didn't remember this any sooner...

Oh, and bus_write_byte() is in a while-loop because that function is nonblocking, but here I still wanted it to block. That for-loop sends 256 copies of 0x55 to the phone.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

can i ask something?

my project is similar of what you are talking about, but i have simple problem...
how do we get the modem log of nokia 3310? what program can i use?
talking about what embedtronics discusses, how do they format the HEX codes?

thanx!

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Hi all.

I am doing an AT Command based project. Here I need to interface Nokia 6680 with AT mega8. But I dont know the Sync command of FBUS initialization in 6680.
PLZ Help.

.::sakibnaz::.

Last Edited: Sat. Aug 9, 2008 - 10:13 PM
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Hi all.

I am also doing a similar project but I am not using Nokia 3310.I am using Nokia 6680 phone.I can communicate with my phone using AT Command via USB using Hyper terminal.But when I connect my phone in serial port then I will not make any response of AT Command.I thing for serial communication I need to initialize the FBUS mode. I don't know the Sync Command to initialize the FBUS on 6680.Is the command is like 3310 that means sending 'U' or 0x55 in HEX 128 times??? If no then what is the command???
I am doing my final year project & due to this problem my project has been stucked in a moment.
PLZ PLZ PLZ anybody help me out.
10x.
Expecting you reply very soon.

.::sakibnaz::.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Hello.

Nokia 3310 set doesnt have any internal modem.So for 3310 u cant use AT Command, but for 3310 your project can be done by FBUS Command.
Visit:www.gnokii.org

You can do your program ucing C or VB.In net there are huge tools,just go for that.

.::sakibnaz::.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Hi I followed this thread with interest. I started a similar project a bit later and ran into similar problems. In the end I resolved by eliminating the Nokia Data cable completely. Connecting the Arduino serial pins direct to the fbus solved the problem for me. The only issue was connecting the 5volt Arduino signal to the 3volt fbus on the 3310. This I solved by using a reverse biased 2.7volt Zener diodes in series with 1K resistor for Tx and Rx.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

CthreePO wrote:
The only issue was connecting the 5volt Arduino signal to the 3volt fbus on the 3310. This I solved by using a reverse biased 2.7volt Zener diodes in series with 1K resistor for Tx and Rx.

You mean like this? -
Quote:

AVR TX --1k-- --|<-- FBUS RX

AVR RX --1k-- -->|-- FBUS TX


Thanks

Ian
PS: Did the original author get his project working?

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Anyone get this working? I'm working on the same thing right now.

Regards,
Ken

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Anyone get this working? I'm working on the same thing right now.

Regards,
Ken

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Hi everyone, Im doing some research on using a nokia 1100 with arduino via FBUS. I am now able to call speed dial 2 with my arduino.

i just put a reset funtion on the setup() and then i create two funtions, one for calling speed dial 2 and one to hang up... i don't send the 0x55 bytes to syncronize it and it works just this way.

here's my first code... im planning to send and receive SMS (which i think it's more complicated)but if you have sent or receive sms with fbus please help me out whith the frame coding and decoding.

Quote:

/*
  Example Using FBUS with Arduino
 */

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(115200);
  delay(100);
  Reset();
}

void loop() {
 Callsd2();
 delay(3000);
 Hangup(); 

  
}

//Reset
void Reset(){
  Serial.write(0x1E);
  Serial.write((byte)0x00);
  Serial.write(0x0C);
  Serial.write(0x40);
  Serial.write((byte)0x00);
  Serial.write(0x06);
  Serial.write((byte)0x00);
  Serial.write(0x01);
  Serial.write(0x64);
  Serial.write(0x03);
  Serial.write(0x01);
  Serial.write(0x60);
  Serial.write(0x77);
  Serial.write(0x24);
}

//call speed dial 2
void Callsd2(){
  Serial.write(0x1E);
  Serial.write((byte)0x00);
  Serial.write(0x10);
  Serial.write(0x01);
  Serial.write((byte)0x00);
  Serial.write(0x11);
  Serial.write((byte)0x00);
  Serial.write(0x01);
  Serial.write((byte)0x00);
  Serial.write(0x01);
  Serial.write(0x01);
  Serial.write((byte)0x00);
  Serial.write(0x32);
  Serial.write(0x05);
  Serial.write(0x01);
  Serial.write(0x05);
  Serial.write((byte)0x00);
  Serial.write(0x02);
  Serial.write((byte)0x00);
  Serial.write((byte)0x00);
  Serial.write(0x01);
  Serial.write(0x01);
  Serial.write(0x45);
  Serial.write((byte)0x00);
  Serial.write(0x78);
  Serial.write(0x13);
  }
  
  //hang up
  void Hangup(){
  Serial.write(0x1E);
  Serial.write((byte)0x00);
  Serial.write(0x0C);
  Serial.write(0x01);
  Serial.write((byte)0x00);
  Serial.write(0x07);
  Serial.write((byte)0x00);
  Serial.write(0x01);
  Serial.write((byte)0x00);
  Serial.write(0x08);
  Serial.write(0x60);
  Serial.write(0x01);
  Serial.write(0x63);
  Serial.write((byte)0x00);
  Serial.write(0x11);
  Serial.write(0x0E);
  }

it's so simple it just call speed dial 2 for 3 seconds and then Hang Up...

but you can use this funtions to make it do some other stuff...

the schematic i use was the one attached.

If you want to help me or want me to help you just tell me here.

thanks

Attachment(s): 

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

I begged Abdullbasit who has published AVR and Nokia3310 interface(SMS) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y... to help on this project.

He has done this but the code he has uploaded is not working.

Please contact him and ask to help us.

Please, for sake of GOD.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Quote:
Please contact him and ask to help us.
Why can't YOU sent him a PM?
Quote:
Please, for sake of GOD.
And if he does not believe in God? :-)

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

* Electronic Design * Custom Products * Contract Assembly

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

js wrote:
Quote:
Please contact him and ask to help us.
Why can't YOU sent him a PM?
Quote:
Please, for sake of GOD.
And if he does not believe in God? :-)

Ive contact him and everyone else involved in this topic.
Bt no one helps.

He is a muslim from iraq and he does believe in God.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

jams90 wrote:
Hi everyone, Im doing some research on using a nokia 1100 with arduino via FBUS. I am now able to call speed dial 2 with my arduino.

i just put a reset funtion on the setup() and then i create two funtions, one for calling speed dial 2 and one to hang up... i don't send the 0x55 bytes to syncronize it and it works just this way.

here's my first code... im planning to send and receive SMS (which i think it's more complicated)but if you have sent or receive sms with fbus please help me out whith the frame coding and decoding.

it's so simple it just call speed dial 2 for 3 seconds and then Hang Up...

but you can use this funtions to make it do some other stuff...

the schematic i use was the one attached.

If you want to help me or want me to help you just tell me here.

thanks


http://pinouts.ru/CellularPhones...

Which is correct?

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

I used the pinout seen on the pic i've uploaded...

and it worked for me... its for a nokia 1100 i have the pictures of it working and a video but haven't uploaded yet..

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

what i still can't do it's to receive SMS and that stuff because my code only make a call and it's not perfect.. but works..