LCD/Audio Expansion Board for NGW100
My intent is to provide a low cost, expansion functionality with kernel support similar to the STK1000.
see LCD on NGW100 for additional LCD discussions.
- TFT/LCD 24bpp - OSD043TN13
- touch screen
- Audio Codec / drive
- Stereo Phono plug out
I like PCB123.com for PCB prototypes. Their schematic & PCB layout tools are free and do a quick reasonable job.
See schematic attached. Parts used:
- 40 pin LCD connector - FH19S-40S-0.55SH
- LM2717-ADJ - provides +5V for LCD, +1.8v for Codec
- LM2733 - current drive for LED backlight
- TI - TSC2102 - Audio Codec/drive, touch screen input
Status / TODO
- Order samples (done)
- get LCD samples, feedback on price
- Order misc parts from Digikey
- Verify footprints
- review port assignments with kernel
- route board (usually 1 day)
- order board from PCB123
- assemble & test
- modify kernel
- port some streaming video/audio app
- measure quality, power
I mentioned www.sparkfun.com to the OSD marketing guy since
LCDs and mating connectors are had to find for prototyping!
My estimate for a low volume (maybe 6) run of NGWLCD is
about $115US. Comments? Interest? Help?
- ) push button input via SPI (Phillips)
- ) IDE, HDD
- 44 pin mini IDE
- 2.5" or 1.8"
- +5V power requirement
- which port, current kernel work
- performance/size of SD verses IDE
- UMA performance IDE/SD dma to LCD refresh
- ) Car or battery portable
- ) Mechanical design