Hello guys...I am wondering how to do this without burning a lot of brain cells. If there is an simple standard circuit I could use, it would be handy.
Basically I need the following:
- Atmega pin turns on a mosfet controlled load.
- Load is a motor that carries on doing something and eventually turns of by itself, so the current will drop.
- Atmega may or may not need to hold the IO pin to drive the motor.
- So some sort of latch circuit could do the tick. But the latch must turn off once the motor drops the current.
- It would be good to have some overcurrent measurement capability as well.