As the title says, I'm trying to flash a devboard (ATtiny3217 Xplained Pro) from MDB.
I can correctly program it from MPLAB X IDE, I can correctly generate the hex file via make or form MPLAB X itself, but I'm having a lot of trouble trying to flash the board from MDB.
What I've got so far:
- I can open MDB from the MPLAB X files
- I can set the device correctly with "device ATTINY3217"
- I can run "hwtool" with the debugger connected and I get:
0 EDBG CMSIS-DAP(ATML2835031800001955)
- Next I should set the programming tool, I've tried "hwtool EDBG" but the program always returns "null"
- I've tried everything I can remember (hwtool "PICkit3", "ICD3", "RealICE", "SIM", "PM3", -p, -p 0) but nothing works
Then I do "program <path to hex>" and the program says "Programming failed".
Does anyone know how I should go about this? I should say again that I can correctly program the board from within MPLAB X.