I am trying to program ATtiny3217. The datasheet says, it only supports UPDI interface, Not ISP :( .
Tools and Software using:
1) ATmel STudio 7
2) Atmel ICE
3) Windows 10
This is the schematic: . As, one can see, since this is a new chip, my hardware designer has though it supports ICSP and has given the connections accordingly. However, I would need UPDI connections.
UPDI requires, GND, VCC, UPDI_DATA and PC5 pin according to Atmel ICE user guide. Even though, PC5 is connected, it is not used for any purpose.
1) Initially ATmel ICE was not getting detected by WIndows 10 and Studio 7. Fixed both the issues by updating default Atmel drivers with USB input device driver
2) Removed R13 and C3 to convert this ICSP pins to UPDI pins, used, ATtiny3217 Xplained Pro Evaluation Kit ( ATTINY3217-XPRO ) Schematic Link to cross check the UPDI pin connections.
3) Connected the ATmel ICE pins to this modified PCB board pins, specifically, used pins 2,5 and 10 in the above schematic. There is a test point for PC5 (not shown in the above image) which is connected to pin 6 of Atmel ICE header.
ATmel ICE header Target board
a) Pin 4 -----> Pin 2 ---VCC
b) Pin 3 -----> Pin 5 ---UPDI_DATA
c) Pin 2 -----> Pin 10 ---GND
d) Pin 6 -----> Pin PC5
4) Then supplied 5V to the board, checked voltage on the board and at Pin 2 on the target board header, this is working
5) Tried programming from Studio 7 from here:
6) Receiving the following error:
Require help, to able to program the board, thanks in advance!