First time poster in your lovely community :)
I'm doing a project where I want to capture a picture of my house plants every day, and send it to myself.
My setup is a development kit (haven't decided yet if Arduino, SAMD or something else), with a WIFI module and a camera.
The setup is located on the soil near the plant. It will be encased in water resistant casing, but the lense will be exposed
I have no experience with cameras, so I'd appreciate you suggestions for a camera that answers the following requirements:
1. It should be able to capture an image of a 1500 mm X 1500 mm at a distance of 300 mm (I suppose wide lense, short focal length)
2. It should be VGA (640 X 480 pixels)
3. The lense should be water resistant
4. Preferably, it should cost between 2-4 USD per unit in bulk purchase
5. It doesn't have to take video. Still images are enough
Can you please advise / recommend me a camera?