Note: I am new to avr programming. I know C and C++ but haven't gone outside programming an Arduino, it's my first attempt.
I have been testing all of my code with a break out board http://wiki.microduinoinc.com/Mi...
This board had a bootloader on it.
I bought another one and wiped the bootloader to test it without one.
I have a GPS that I plan on implementing on my existing design.
- My ATMEGA644PA already has filled its two hardware serial ports. (one for serial to the computer and one to a modem)
- I want to use pin PB2 as a serial port because it has interrupt capability.
- I want to use something like SoftwareSerial library from arduino. But I do not want to use the Arduino IDE anymore nor a bootloader.
- When I used a bootloader +ide, the SoftwareSerial library worked fine and I was able to read the gps data.
- When using avr-gcc/avr-g++ to compile it does not read out the data. The library compiles without errors.
- I have been using avrdude to upload to the chip via ICSP.
- Is there any code out there that will let me read in serial data for PB2?
Any help is appreciated.