I am still kind of new in prototyping electronics, and recently made a board with ATtiny441 that should drive 2 12-volt RGB LEDs.
On the breadboard everything seemed to work fine, however when assembled I does not work as intended.
Please find the electronic diagram attached. I checked it against the board many times and it matches 100%.
1. The reset button have to be held for 2-5 seconds before MCU actually resets.
2. The program burns fine, but does not execute in intended manner. The encoders have to change colors - which they do on the breadboard - but do either nothing or in 5% of tests change to a random color.
3. After reset, the colors are random on both channels and sometimes flicker.
4. The MCU gets really hot in 70% of starts.
5. The Voltage Regulator gets very hot. Tried replacing it with a buck converter but light flickers and heats up too.
6. With the Voltage regulator out of the circuit, the resistance between logical "-" and "+" is about 1MOhm, between power "-" and "+" is 1.4MOhms if that's any helpful.
My best bet is the circuitry around the battery and the Voltage Regulator.
Want to hear your opinion before blaming MCU and desoldering it.
Any advice will help. I spent about 3 month trying to find the problem.