Alright, onto the next version of Atmel Studio. The new version is in the update system and will be on microchip.com soon.
For those in a hurry:
- as-installer-7.0.1931-full.exe (SHA1: fe531578d2b9957b6a9bd3f1583253279bc469f1)
Highlights of new features:
- Advanced Software Framework 3.40.0
- New Microchip Gallery extension
- Atmel Start extension provides improved feedback on required device pack dependencies
- Support for ARM® Cortex®-M23 architecture with TrustZone®
- Support for kits with the new nEDBG debugger platform
- New devices:
Some of the notable bugs that are fixed:
- AVRSV-8001: Tool firmware upgrade instability.
- AVRSV-8063: ELF production file programming did not support fuses for ATtiny817 family.
- AVRSV-8075: Launch of debugging with ATSAM4L unstable in some cases.
- AVRSV-7895: Solution with links between projects compiles wrong file.
- AVRSV-7745: Linked files in subfolder causes build failure.
- AVRSV-7939: Function breakpoint fails for AVR devices.
- AVRSV-8005: Writing fuses and memory fails in some cases on M0+ devices.
No updates on the compiler side unfortunately.