I try to read the device information from an AT32UC3B1128 (using an jtagicemkii) like this
atprogram.exe -v -i JTAG -d AT32UC3B1128 -cl 100khz info
Doing this on my workstation, I get the following output (containing an error message at the bottom):
StdOut: Firmware check OK Tool jtagicemkii has firmware version: 07.27 Target voltage: 3.35 V Device information: Name: AT32UC3B1128 JtagId: 0x81ee703f Revision: I CPU arch.: AVR32_UC3 Series: Security bit is not set. Memory Information: Address Space StartAddress Size sysreg 0x0 0x400 dbgreg 0x0 0x400 base 0x0 0x100000000 FLASH 0x80000000 0x20000 USER_PAGE 0x80800000 0x200 SRAM 0x0 0x8000 USBB_SLAVE 0xd0000000 0x800000 IO 0xfffe0000 0x20000 fuses 0xfffe1410 0x4 Fuses: FGPFRLO (0b11111111111111111111111111111111): BODEN 0x3L BODHYST OFF BODLEVEL 0x3fL BOOTPROT 0x7L EPFL OFF LOCK15 OFF LOCK14 OFF LOCK13 OFF LOCK12 OFF LOCK11 OFF LOCK10 OFF LOCK9 OFF LOCK8 OFF LOCK7 OFF LOCK6 OFF LOCK5 OFF LOCK4 OFF LOCK3 OFF LOCK2 OFF LOCK1 OFF LOCK0 OFF StdErr: [DEBUG] Starting execution of "info" [DEBUG] Starting process 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Studio\7.0\atbackend\atbackend.exe' [DEBUG] Connecting to TCP:127.0.0.1:49811 [INFO] Connected to jtagicemkii, fw version: 7.27 [INFO] Firmware check OK [ERROR] Error in TCF lockbit format. Missed key Could not get Module LOCKBIT for AT32UC3B1128. (TCF Error code: 131120) [DEBUG] Command "info" finished with return code 0 [DEBUG] Exit successfully.
As you can see, the following error message is output to standard error:
[ERROR] Error in TCF lockbit format. Missed key Could not get Module LOCKBIT for AT32UC3B1128. (TCF Error code: 131120)
I have no clue how to resolve this error and couldn't find anything useful searching for similar error messages.
I tried it on another PC with the same programmer and hardware and it works fine. The only obvious difference are different versions of Atmel Studio. I have installed the latest version 7.0.1417, while the other PC uses 7.0.1006. Both Systems run on Windows 10.
PS: Atmel Studio itself seems to be working fine. I have no trouble reading fuses and lockbits from the GUI. Also, erasing/programming from command line is working fine as well. Judging from the error, it seems to be something specific to "lockbit format" due to the missing "lockbit module".