Atmel Studio using Adrunio Sketch compiler errors

Go To Last Post
3 posts / 0 new
Author
Message
#1
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Hello folks,

 

Visual Studio worked perfectly 6 months ago ... Arduino sketches compiled and downloaded ... no surprises ... everything worked as advertised.

 

A few days ago I was going to modify a project ... did the modifications and nothing but problems - can't find main() ERROR once again - no changes to this software or the IDE for Arduino.

 

Okay - (a few choice thoughts) - uninstalled Visual Studio b/c this worked last time to fix it.  Reinstalled it and everything is GOOD.  No 'can't find main()' errors.

 

I aquired a newer version of the Arduino IDE.  Installed it and I have many 'redefinition' errors on projects that were compiling just fine 6 months ago.  The same projects compile correctly under Arduino ERW 1.0.5.  Nope, not the coding ... I copied the identical text into a new Visual Studio sketch and it compiled as it should.  Everything worked as expected. 

 

The whole thing is I don't want to have to recreate each and every sketch (cut/paste/save) I have ... not very many but I'd imagine there are some folks with hundreds if not thousands ... that would really be a pain if one has to go back and fix each and every project. 

 

Anyone know if there is/was a change in upgrading that causes this?  I did an upgrade (now regretting it) ... Studio works well for my projects and familiar with Visual programming (basic, C, etc). 

 

I came up with possibly an old incremental build file but tried for a clean build without success.  I am not as familiar with the newer Visual Studio stuff as I'd like to be.  I don't mind finding all the old build files and killing them off .. no harm there.

 

Thanks for your help!

Eddie

 

 

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 1

Installed it and I have many 'redefinition' errors on projects

Such as?

 

But really I'd be talking to Visual Micro about this - it's their extension that does the "Arduino trick" and any problem is likely in that domain. 

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

MMMM ... after careful examination of the errors, apparently the IDE is processing all the files in the folder - this is bad b/c i put backups (copied file to same directory). 

 

However in the project window it only lists the primary sketch.  Renaming the file to something else other than *.ino fixed this problem (as with most, I changed it to *.bak)

 

Hmpppffff ... well something changed with the upgrade and now I found it.

 

Thanks for your reply.  I didn't see this coming but now it's good.

 

Eddie