I had to switch from studio 3.53 to 4.10 a few months ago. I was avoiding this because of many bugs and annoyances. Some of these items are probably my fault or can be solved easily:
- assembler2 hangs up on this (faulty) asm line (and others): ld r16,y+4
- the editor keeps erasing auto indent spaces (only trailing spaces in a line should be removed, not spaces/tabs in a line consisting of whitspace only)
- registers in register view are ordered in a weird way when more than one column
- changing memory locations is a pain with ice200. You can't go back with arrow key. If you type too fast, random numbers will appear
- in studio 3 there was a mouse over in mem view showing the address. Feature removed (or not implemented) in studio 4
- there should be an F-key for start debugging
- breakpoints sometimes don't allow to erase themselves using F9, because the description of location in breakpoint view sometimes is in upper, sometimes in lower case
- parameters for assembler2 are not saved. Have to readjust them manually
- the window settings (arrangement, positions) should be saved in the project file, so that they can be different for each project
- is there a processor view like in studio 3 where i can measure the time?
- how can i set the program counter to a specific program location?
- how can i find out an address of a symbolic ram location (except for listfile)?
Hope one studio developer (- Trym?) will read this thread and some of you guys share my needs to support me.
Thanks for providing free tools