.hex instead of .rom

Go To Last Post
4 posts / 0 new
Author
Message
#1
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

I downloaded the avrgcc package and installed it.
When I build the gcctest1 program I discovered that the output file was not gcctest1.hex, but gcctest.rom.
You can open this file with the programmer, but it is not the standard filetype.
That is .hex.
Then I looked in appendix A in the manual, and I saw that the file avr_make was different in the appendix.
In the real file the extension was .rom, and in the manual it was .rom.
When I changed the avr_make, it worked well again.

admin's test signature
 

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

I had the same problem with my avr_make file. I changed all of the .rom extentions to .hex; unfortunately, I still can't program the result into flash.

I've checked all the jumpers on the board, even changed a couple as suggested by other forum members. I'm stumped.

admin's test signature
 

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

You know, a college graduate should be able to tell the difference between SCKT3100A3 and SCKT3000D3.

I had the micro plugged into the wrong socket. It's amazing how well things work when you connect them correctly!

admin's test signature
 

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Well, you know what they say:
Learn from your mistakes!
Much luck with your board.

admin's test signature