Forum Menu

New User? Sign Up!
AVR Freaks Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wedgen
PostPosted: Mar 16, 2012 - 04:37 AM
Rookie

I read though the PWM module in the datasheet and it doesn't mention this and I didn't see anyone ask so here goes.

In my project, I only required 1 of the 2 PWM channel output signals, by that I mean I only required the High line and not the Low line. Is it possible to not configure that pin to go to PWM module and use it for another purpose or will this break things?

I haven't tried it as I'm still designing my board and the only dev board I have is a UC3L0 which doesn't have the same PWM module. So I wanted to confirm this so I can run traces elsewhere if I can.

Thanks!

Reply with quote Back to top
digitalDan
PostPosted: Mar 16, 2012 - 10:36 AM
Hangaround

wedgen wrote:
In my project, I only required 1 of the 2 PWM channel output signals, by that I mean I only required the High line and not the Low line. Is it possible to not configure that pin to go to PWM module and use it for another purpose or will this break things?

Yes, there is no problem doing this.

wedgen
PostPosted: Mar 16, 2012 - 07:58 PM
Rookie

Awesome, Thanks for the info.

Jump to: