Forum Menu

New User? Sign Up!
AVR Freaks Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
dbrateris
PostPosted: Feb 22, 2012 - 06:47 PM
Hangaround

Hi All,

I'm working with an AVR ONE with the latest firmware and AVR Studio 5.1 downloaded this morning.

I ran the self test on the AVR One and it passed.

I cannot program a device or read the signature of a device over JTAG. I have tried 2 known working boards and a brand new Xplain board with connectors in both orientations. No luck on any of them.

Here is the error I get when i try to read the device ID from the AVR Programming window:

Quote:

Unable to enter programming mode. Verify interface settings, target power and connections to the target device.

Timestamp: 2012-02-22 10:45:06.213
Severity: ERROR
ComponentId: 20100
StatusCode: 1
ModuleName: TCF (TCF command: Device:startSession failed.)

Communication error. Try with a lower clock speed. Debugger command setEmulatorMode failed.

# Error <Short packet received (size=6.)> in AvrOneEventListener::readAndDispatchEvents
10:45:06: [ERROR] Communication error. Try with a lower clock speed. Debugger command setEmulatorMode failed., ModuleName: TCF (TCF command: Device:startSession failed.)
# AvrOneProtocol::assertResponse(): Communication error. Try with a lower clock speed. Debugger command setEmulatorMode failed.
# Communication error. Try with a lower clock speed. Debugger command setEmulatorMode failed.
10:45:06: [ERROR] Communication error. Try with a lower clock speed. Debugger command setEmulatorMode failed., ModuleName: TCF (TCF command: Device:startSession failed.)

Any ideas?...

Thank you!

Reply with quote Back to top
Simon Loell
PostPosted: Feb 23, 2012 - 07:51 AM
Hangaround

I can only confirm your problem.

I tried to connect an AVR ONE! Made a firmware upgrade and afterwards to erase target (ATmega644P in Daisy chain (1,0,4,0) setup).

It gave me following error:
Code:
Timestamp:   2012-02-23 08:48:57.784
Severity:      ERROR
ComponentId:   20100
StatusCode:   1
ModuleName:   TCF (TCF command: Device:startSession failed.)

An unknown emulator error occured. Debugger command setEmulatorMode failed.

jabram
PostPosted: Feb 26, 2012 - 02:30 AM
Hangaround

Check JTAG Clock is within specs, usually needs slowing down, disconnect AVR ONE and your target board, power cycle AVR ONE and your target then try again.

sikolymester
PostPosted: Mar 03, 2012 - 05:35 PM
Hangaround

If nothing works, install studio 6, update AVR ONE firmware from studio 6. Then try to use it in studio 5.1. Works for me, see attached picture for AVR ONE fw. version.

My studio 5.1 version is 5.1.208
Studio 6 version is 6.0.1703 - beta

soundararajan
PostPosted: Mar 03, 2012 - 07:27 PM
Hangaround

The error message says "try with a lower clock speed". Am not sure if that's the problem. But giving it a try is also an option. Smile

Jump to: