Forum Menu

New User? Sign Up!
AVR Freaks Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zigzag53
PostPosted: Jun 15, 2013 - 01:23 PM

Noobie in need of guidance

I'm new to most of the things I'm trying to put together here so please bare with me if I don't term everything correctly or posted this in the wrong forum.

My little project is to build a USB chess board that will send moves to a chess program.
Currently Ive managed to piece together the following.

Minimus USB AVR 32 (ATMEGA32U2)
Kade break out board (Final build will be soldered directly to the Minimus)
FLIP installed on windows 7 and tested using the Blink LED hex file
Kade Loader which I have tested with examples of keyboard simulation but not programmable.
Atmel Studio 6.1

I have started programming C in the Atmel Studio and have got me head round scanning the board and reading the chess piece moves.
What I am now struggling with is to simulate a keyboard press and pass these moves via the USB.
I was anticipating it to be as simple as Sendkey("e",0) but from what Ive read so far its a bit more complicated than that.

After doing a little research and following a few wrong turns I think what I'm looking for is related to LUFA

My questions are..

1, Is using LUFA the right approach for this project

2, If Lufa is right then how do I instal and use the library in Atmel 6.1

3, What would be the correct syntax for sending the letter "e" to the host

Ive spent a couple of days now researching this project and have now hit information overload so if this has been covered before please forgive me.

Reply with quote Back to top
Kartman
PostPosted: Jun 15, 2013 - 01:43 PM
10k+ Postman

The arduino leonardo has libraries to do what you want. It uses a 32u4. You can get the arduino copies out of china for around $17usd

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: