Updated: May 16, 2010
CodeVisionAVR is a complete set of tools designed for rapid and efficient software development for the Atmel AVR microcontrollers.
CodeVisionAVR is the only IDE on the market that features an Automatic Program Generator (CodeWizardAVR) for the new ATxmega devices
and the only C compiler that supports the reduced core (ATtiny4, ATtiny5, ATtiny9, ATtiny10, ATtiny20, ATtiny40) chips.
* Editor with auto indentation, syntax highlighting for both C and AVR assembler, function parameters and structure/union members autocomplete
* High perfomance ANSI C compiler with specific extensions that greatly simplify embedded system design:
- Simple accessing of the EEPROM memory area, allows you to directly place there any variable, even complex structures
- Simple accessing of the FLASH memory area, allows you to directly place there any constant, even complex structures
- Bit level access to I/O registers
- Interrupt support
- GPIOR register support
- Possibility to insert assembler code directly in the C source file
- VERY EFFICIENT USE OF RAM: Constant character strings are stored only in FLASH memory and aren't copied to RAM, like in other compilers for the AVR
- C Source level debugging, with COFF symbol file generation, allows variable watching in Atmel's AVR Studio Debugger
- Fully compatible with Atmel's In-Circuit Emulators
- 4 memory models:
~ TINY (8 bit data pointers for chips with up to 256 bytes of RAM)
~ SMALL (16 bit data pointers for chips with more than 256 bytes of RAM)
~ MEDIUM (for chips with 128k of FLASH)
~ LARGE (for chips with 256k or more FLASH).
The MEDIUM and LARGE memory models allow full FLASH addressing for chips like ATmega128, ATmega1280, ATmega2560, etc, the compiler handling the RAMPZ register totally transparently for the programmer.
This feature is available as Standard in CodeVisionAVR, at no additional costs.
- Powerful optimizations:
~ Peephole optimizer
~ Advanced variables to register allocator, allows very efficient use of the AVR architecture
~ Common Block Subroutine Packing (what our competition calls “Code Compressor”), replaces repetitive code sequences with calls to subroutines.
This optimizer is available as Standard in CodeVisionAVR, at no additional costs, not like in our competitor’s products.
~ Common sub-expression elimination
~ Loop optimization
~ Branch optimization
~ Subroutine call optimization
~ Cross-jumping optimization
~ Constant folding
~ Constant literal strings merging
~ Store-copy optimization
~ Dead code removing optimization
~ User selectable optimization for code Size or Speed
- Rich set of libraries for emebedded systems:
~ Alphanumeric LCD modules
~ MMC/SD/SD HC FLASH Memory Card drivers, FAT access libraries
~ Philips I2C bus
~ National Semiconductor LM75 Temperature Sensor
~ Philips PCF8563, PCF8583, Dallas Semiconductor DS1302 and DS1307 Real Time Clocks
~ Dallas Semiconductor 1 Wire protocol
~ Dallas Semiconductor DS1820/DS1822 Temperature Sensors
~ Dallas Semiconductor DS1621 Thermometer/Thermostat
~ Power management
* A state of the art CodeWizardAVR Automatic Program Generator, allowing you to write, in a matter of minutes, all the code needed for implementing the following functions:
- ATxmega built-in peripheral initialization
- External memory access setup
- Chip reset source identification
- Input/Output Port initialization
- External Interrupts initialization
- Timers/Counters initialization
- Watchdog Timer initialization
- UART initialization and interrupt driven buffered serial communication
- Analog Comparator initialization
- ADC initialization
- SPI Interface initialization
- CAN Interface initialization
- USB Interface initialization
- TWI initialization
- I2C Bus,
- LM75 Temperature Sensor, DS1621 Thermometer/Thermostat initialization
- PCF8563, PCF8583, DS1302, DS1307 Real Time Clocks initialization
- 1 Wire Bus and DS1820/DS1822 Temperature Sensors initialization
- alphanumeric LCD module initialization.
* A built-in Terminal for debugging RS232, RS422, RS485 serial communication.
* An In-System AVR Chip Programmer compatible with the following development boards/programmers:
- Atmel STK500, STK600, AVRISP, AVRISP MkII (USB), JTAGICE MkII, AVR Dragon
- Kanda Systems STK200+ and STK300
- Dontronics DT006
- Vogel Elektronic VTEC-ISP
allowing automatic programming after successful compilation.
CodeVisionAVR also fully supports the Atmel AT94K10/20/40 FPSLIC devices and the STK94 development kit.
Here are some of our most important clients:
- ABB Control, France
- Bang & Olufsen, Denmark
- CISCO Systems
- Crouzet Automatismes, France
- Eastman Kodak, U.S.A.
- DAEWOO Electronics, Korea
- DuPont, U.S.A.
- LG Electronics, Korea
- LG Innotek, Korea
- LG Industrial Systems, Korea
- Lucent Technologies, U.S.A.
- Hewlett-Packard, U.S.A.
- IBM Japan
- SAGEM, France
- Siemens Landis-Staefa, Germany
- Siemens Milltronics Process Instrumentation, Canada
- Shure Inc., U.S.A.
- SONY Computer Science Lab. Inc., Japan
- National Semiconductor Silicon Validation Lab., U.S.A.
- Sicentific Atlanta
- US Air Force
- VIACCESS - Groupe France Telecom
- Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, U.S.A.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, U.S.A.
- Max Born Institute for Nonlinear Optics, Berlin, Germany
- Max Planck Institute for Physics, Munich, Germany
- Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, U.S.A.
- Stanford University, Stanford, CA, U.S.A.
- Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany
- University of Auckland, New Zealand
- University of Queensland, Australia
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, U.S.A.
and many others...
CodeVisionAVR can be purchased in U.S.A. and Canada from Progressive Resources LLC:
To find out about other distributors world-wide, please consult:
- Compiler : C
- Programming SW