Updated: Jan 20, 2005
Portable High-speed In-System Programming (ISP) Solution for Atmel AVR Microcontrollers.
The FS2000A programmer supports high-speed ISP of most Atmel AVR and AT89S FLASH microcontrollers. The programmer can be utilised as standard in 'Standalone Mode' i.e. not connected to a PC making it ideally suited to the field-service and/or Production ISP environments. The operator simply selects one of the 64 projects stored locally on the programmer and then presses a single 'Auto-program' button to program the target device. Each project is individually version controlled and CRC checked ensuring that the correct firmware is programmed every time.
- Portable In-System Programmer for Atmel Microcontrollers
- Ideal for development, Production or Field use
- Supports 'Standalone' operation i.e. no PC required after programmer has been configured
- Very fast programming speeds suitable for high-throughput production environments
Robust SPI I/O stage
- Programmable frequency generator output on SCK2 pin - supports external clocking of ATmega, and ATtiny AVR devices to speed up programming
- Programmer firmware is field upgradeable to cater for future algorithms
- Standalone Mode - Keypad and LCD controlled (no PC)
- Development Mode - Controlled via PC Software - Equinox Development Suite (EDS)
- Project Upload Mode - PC Controlled
Standalone Programming Mode
- On-board 4Mbits FLASH Memory Store - supports storage up to 64 independent Programming Projects
- Simple selection of required project using LCD and keypad
- Project are uploaded to the programmer using EQTools - Project Upload Wizard
- Each project name is version controlled showing the project name, date, firmware revision and build date. e.g. myproject-240402-184.108.40.206
- Operator can not inadvertently change the programming data or settings
- Single key auto-program mode
Development Mode (EDS)
- Programmer is controlled from the PC via EQTools - Equinox Development Suite (EDS) software
- Ideal for use in a Development Environment
- Supports manual writing / reading of FLASH / EEPROM memory areas
- Supports manual writing / reading of Fuses and Security Fuses
- All projects can be developed and tested on a real device before uploading a Programming Project to the programmer
In-System Programming Headers
- Equinox 10-way ISP Header
- Atmel 10-way ISP Header
- A convertor from the Equinox 10-way to Atmel 6-way is available as an optional extra.
- A convertor from the Equinox 10-way to Atmel 10-way JTAG connector is available as an optional extra.
Power supply options
- Programmer can power the Target System (+5V only - not controllable)
- Target System can power the Programmer via ISP Cable (+5V only)
- Programmer can be powered at +5V and the Target System can be Independently Powered at 3.0 - 5.0V. (Vcc Switch in '0' position)
- Programmer internal electronics must be powered at 5.0V DC
- Programmer comes complete with 9V DC power supply which is regulated by the FS2000A to 5.0V.
- Programmer : Serial