TeleVGA - easy to use text mode video module
Updated: Feb 10, 2011
TeleVGA is a text mode graphic card module. Provides display resolution of
30 rows, 80 characters per row (640x480 pixels) and 3 bit color depth. It
has two memory pages and 4 character generators (256 characters each) built
in. Characters from different generators can be displayed simultaneously
providing possibility to create semi-graphic and text mixed output. Thanks
to SPI serial interface it needs only 4 to 6 lines to connect to a
microcontroller. Module can be powered by 3.3V source (5V optionally) and
any compatible screen with standard D-Sub connection (15HD) can be used
together with it.
These features makes TeleVGA easy addition to both new projects, as well as
already usable microcontroller based systems. It is an easy way to add on
screen display feature to any project (can be used with LCDs for example).
- text resolution 30x80 characters (screen mode 640x480 60Hz)
- 3 bit color depth
- 4 character generators (256 characters each)
- 2 memory pages for character displaying
- 2 cursor modes
- "underline" and "blink" attributes
- SPI serial interface
- power down mode - "sleep" feature
- 3.3V power source compatible (5V optionally)
- DB15-HD display connector
- IDC10 connector for interfacing and power supply
Module comes together with documentation, C-language library with functions
for preparing and handling display content and also examples of use.
Documentation is available only in Polish for now.