JTAGcable II JTAG ICE Atmel Emulator/Debugger
Updated: Aug 9, 2012
JTAGcable II is a tool for programming, real-time emulation in the target circuit and debugging of processors of the AVR family of Atmel microprocessors equipped with an JTAG interface. It is fully compatible with the original AVR JTAG ICE from Atmel. Together with AVRStudio forms an up-to-date and professional environment for the start-up of programs written both in low-level (Assembler) and high-level (C) languages.
JTAG is a four-wire interface permitting takeover of control of the processor's core and its internal peripherals. The possibilities offered by this interface are, among others, stepped operation, operation at full speed, circuit and software traps, monitoring and modification of register contents and data memories. Moreover, functions offered by ISP programmers are available, such as: programming and read-out of Flash memories, EEPROM, fuse-and-lock bits.
JTAGcable II can co-operate with microcontrollers supplied with voltages from 1.8 to 6 V. Such a broad range of supply voltages was achieved through buffering of signals on the JTAG line, additionally enhancing the immunity of the circuit to interference. The set is provided with AVRStudio software from Atmel, working in the Windows system.
- Compatible with AVR JTAG ICE
- Co-operates with Atmel AVRStudio software
- Allows emulation and programming in AVR microprocessor systems equipped with a JTAG interface
- Allows debugging of a code written both in Assembler- and C-language
- Connection to PC through USB port
- Supports software upgradeing from the AVRStudio level
- Operates with target voltages in the range of 1.8 - 6 V
- Buffering of the JTAG bus, allowing proper operation with systems powered from a broad range of supply voltages and enhancing immunity to external interference
- Operation of the emulator signalled by three built-in LED indicators
- Standard 10-pin connector to the target circuit in the Atmel standard
- No need for external power supply, power is taken from USB
- The programmer can supply power to target circuit
- Small dimensions
- Programmer : USB
Log in to rate this item.