Modem_001 Embedded V.92 modem
Updated: Jan 20, 2005
The Modem_001 is a peripheral board designed in accordance with the modular system concept to allow easy connection to AVR uC and other peripheral boards. The board hosts a dial-up SocketModemTM (from Multi-Tech Systems Inc.) which delivers the full range of standard and advanced features typical of the latest modem chipsets.
The SocketModemTM supports voice, data and fax communications to allow the Modem_001 peripheral to be used in the widest possible range of application areas requiring a PSTN connection capability. It can be used as a key prototyping element in particular applications (e.g. answering machine or 'point-of-sales' (POS) equipment) or for more general applications where data needs to be passed over a dial-up connection.
As the SocketModem range of products uses a standard pinout, the Modem_001 PCB is capable of hosting the GSM version product to provide a wireless data transmission capability. See the Multi-Tech web site for details of this product.
The PCB is common to the Sensors_001 peripheral board product and sufficient flexibility is incorporated into the design to allow the Sensors functionality to be combined with this peripheral on the same board. If this additional functionality is required, this approach allows a low cost solution to be realised.
- Single connector plug-in to AVR uC boards & other peripherals boards, supporting the modular system concept.
- Uses a SocketModemTM module (voice, data & fax, supports all mainstream connection and compression standards).
- Standard RJ11 connector (2 wire PSTN connection).
- Compatible with industry standard AT command set.
- Can be upgraded to use SocketModem GSM module.
- Local 5V regulator.
- Demonstration software available.
- size:4.0 x 2.9 inches, weight:70g
Log in to rate this item.