xplained mini 328P speed rs232

Go To Last Post
7 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

i am using an xplained mini 328P with AS7 and arduino project and libraries.

What is the maximum RS232 speed when debugging? If i set my application to 9600 baud it works good but every higher baudrate doesn't work.

If i program the xplained mini 328P from the arduino IDE the higher baudrates works as expected.

Total votes: 1

Check the "Examples of UBRRn Settings for Commonly Used Oscillator Frequencies" tables in the data sheet.

For the various frequencies it shows the UBRR value for different baud rates.

(Just remember to select values that keep the error to less than 2%.

David (aka frog_jr)

When i stop debugging the program runs fine at 14400 baud. Again entering the debugging mode: it works fine! Maybe the terminal program (Tera Term) on the PC isn't as good as i hope.

puffeltje wrote:
i set my application to 9600 baud it works good but every higher baudrate doesn't work.

What does "doesn't work" mean?     What were you expecting to happen, what does happen?   We can not see your screen, so we must rely on what you tell us.....

Pictures of your setup would help, as would schematics. 

Jim

You have stated that your are using an "xplained mini 328P"; however, you have not said what clock you have configured, or what the setting of the CLKPR, both of which can affect device operation frequency (if these have been changed from the default settings).

More information would be useful to assist you...

David (aka frog_jr)

Jim,

You are right. Next time i'll try to give more information, sorry.

puffeltje wrote:
RS232

Do you actually mean RS232 ?