Xmegaduino: trouble uploading first sketch to XMega128B1

Go To Last Post
6 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi! I'm new to the XMega series, but I'm working on a project using the XMega128B1 (as a Xplained board)  and I'd like to be able to upload my programs to it using the Arduino IDE. I've downloaded the Xmegaduino project from https://github.com/Xmegaduino, but when I try to upload a sketch, I get an error:

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "{path}/bin/avrdude": error=2, No such file or directory
	at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
	at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:620)
	at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:485)
	at processing.app.helpers.ProcessUtils.exec(ProcessUtils.java:11)
	at cc.arduino.packages.Uploader.executeUploadCommand(Uploader.java:129)
	at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:207)
	at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:78)
	at processing.app.SketchController.upload(SketchController.java:713)
	at processing.app.SketchController.exportApplet(SketchController.java:686)
	at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2168)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
	at java.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec(Native Method)
	at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:247)
	at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:134)
	at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
	... 10 more
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

Have I just not set things up properly? Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Last Edited: Mon. Nov 27, 2017 - 07:36 PM

Silviner wrote:
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "{path}/bin/avrdude": error=2, No such file or directory

avrdude is the software to load the sketch, this is included in the Arduino IDE, have you installed that?  and have it working with an UNO board?

Jim

Yep, installed and working fine with my UNO! In fact, I reinstalled the IDE freshly before I tried using Board's Manager to add the Xmegaduino packages.

I would try contacting the developers of the Xmegaduino for help. 

Jim

Do you think it could be some kind of permissions issue? I can access the board with Atmel Studio with no problems, but perhaps there's an extra step needed when using other programs? I'm pretty new to this, sorry.

Silviner wrote:

Do you think it could be some kind of permissions issue? I can access the board with Atmel Studio with no problems, but perhaps there's an extra step needed when using other programs? I'm pretty new to this, sorry.

The latest commit to the Xmegaduino fork of Arduino ​was on May 29 2015, a bit old perhaps to work with the latest Arduino release.

​You should ask about this in the Arduino forums at www.arduino.cc 

"void transmigratus(void) {transmigratus();} // recursio infinitus" - larryvc

"It's much more practical to rely on the processing powers of the real debugger, i.e. the one between the keyboard and chair." - JW wek3

"When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive: to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -  Marcus Aurelius

Last Edited: Thu. Nov 30, 2017 - 03:17 AM