XMega128A1

Go To Last Post
7 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hello everyone, 

I know it's an old and obsoleted chip, but I have several devices that use it, made long before. I have troubles getting pin PB7 to be set or reset. I have 10K resistor to it and it stays high no matter what I do. Even when toggling the whole port B, the pin 7 stays high. I want to know if any of you who might have that MCU, has the same problems ? I am using mikroC for AVR - it might have bad libraries, but I was listing the assembler code, and the correct value was pushed inside the output register, so I am confused why doesn't it work. 

Basically I am asking if anyone who has this MCU (XMega128A1) is willing to try toggling or setting low the pin 7 on port B. Also if some of you "avrfreaks" guys knows if something needs to be set for the pin7 to work, since I didn't find anything useful in the datasheet.

Thans in advance...

PB4-PB7 are the JTAG pins from what I see in the datasheet, so if you want to use any of those pins you need to turn off JTAG which will leave you with PDI programming only.

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

* Electronic Design * Custom Products * Contract Assembly

Hm... I guess I didn't make it to that part, I feel ashamed. Anyway, that would explain why I can't change it. I am going to try that, you have my eternal gratitude if that's in question :) Thanks a lot.

Hi, wow you're using this part. I hope you don't mind me asking about what specific application do you deploy this chip to?

Hi, not at all. Here's what I've been using it for 

https://shop.mikroe.com/rs/smart...

:)

Regards...

Last Edited: Mon. May 29, 2017 - 09:17 AM

You should have asked for help in their forum. smiley

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

* Electronic Design * Custom Products * Contract Assembly

Total votes: 1

Well I had trouble toggling pins on that port, issue had nothing to do with who made the hardware. You can see the schematic of the aforementioned device on their site and you can check on it, if there's something that would interfere with the pin's operation - it all came down to that the xmega128 simply wasn't doing anything with that pin. So I thought to ask people who know things about AVR controllers, rather than people who put the mikromedia device together. The issue was solved with your help, sadly enough - I wasn't been reading deep enough in the manual. And being mostly PIC oriented, I was in a bit of a dead end. So again, thanks...

For the future reference - using Atmel studio and the Atmel ICE programmer is really easy and fast - I've painlessly "defused" the Xmega128 of it's JTAG and now it's all good.

Regards...