Would like to get information about Atmel ICE and STK600

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi,

i am programming since the eighties and started using microcontrollers 5 years ago(arduino and pic)
A few months ago i thought i should have to go further programming avrs. so i thought about getting an ice and a stk600.
now i have the time to get more information about that, but every information referes to a microctech site, which is not existent further more.
i tried it for manual about stk600 and ice. same result.

could anybody help me with that?

i should be pleased getting any help from you.

Thanks in advance.

cua
michael

This topic has a solution.
Last Edited: Sun. Jan 7, 2018 - 06:07 PM

but every information referes to a microctech site

If you mean Microchip, that is because Atmel was purchased by Microchip.  When I google Atmel ICE STK600 I get pages of hits, none of which refer to "a microctech site."

Have you looked here: https://www.microchip.com/webdoc/index.html

Greg Muth

Portland, OR, US

Atmel Studio 7.0 on Windows 10

Xplained/Pro/Mini Boards mostly

Hi Greg,

thanks you very much.

You are right it has to sound microchip instead of microtech.

And your link helped me to go a little bit further, but what i did not find is any pdf document within microchip.

Thanks again.

cu
michael

This reply has been marked as the solution. 

Go to www.microchip.com . Enter "stk600" in search box. Pick first hit. You get here: http://www.microchip.com/develop... .

scroll down to find the "STK600 AVR Flash MCU Starter Kit User's Guide" which is the PDF covering the STK600.

Use same procedure again but search for "Atmel-ICE".

As of January 15, 2018, Site fix-up work has begun! Now do your part and report any bugs or deficiencies here

No guarantees, but if we don't report problems they won't get much of  a chance to be fixed! Details/discussions at link given just above.

"Some questions have no answers."[C Baird] "There comes a point where the spoon-feeding has to stop and the independent thinking has to start." [C Lawson] "There are always ways to disagree, without being disagreeable."[E Weddington] "Words represent concepts. Use the wrong words, communicate the wrong concept." [J Morin] "Persistence only goes so far if you set yourself up for failure." [Kartman]

Ok,

i think i was wrong. the retailers i visited linked to the old atmel site instead of the new microchip one.

So i was a little confused about that and insure getting further in avr programming.

Thanks to all you helped me very much.

cua
michael