AT WINC1500 TLS Certificate Generation tool download request

Go To Last Post
2 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hello All,

I am trying to obtain a TLS certificate binary (only) to flash from a cloud application. The cloud application will flash onto the Atmel WINC1500 chipset.

The problem I have is that I am unable to locate the tlc_cert_flash_tool.exe binary.

To be more clear, this is the help for the tool is as below:

Write X.509 Certificate chain on WINC Device Flash or a given WINC firmware image file

[Usage]: tls_cert_flash_tool.exe write [options]
where options are:
-key file Private key in PEM format (RSA Keys only). It MUST NOT be encrypted.

<snip>

Where I will only use the option of generating WINC firmware image file from the certificates.

Now I could not find this tool anywhere on the web. 

Can someone help to point the URL for the downloading this tool "tls_cert_flash_tool.exe"

Best Regards,

mlb

Last Edited: Fri. Jun 30, 2017 - 04:19 AM
Total votes: 0

Hello, mlb,

The documentation is very poorly written, so I had to face several problems similar to yours. 

In my case, I am using the SAMW25 Xplained Pro kit, which is conformed by a SAMD21 processor and a WINC1500 driver.

Well, if you want to upload certificates, in my case I have to do the following steps:

1. Open an ASF Example Project for SAMW25 using Atmel Studio 7: WINC1500 firmware update Project.

2. In the directory created for this Project, go to src\firmware\Tools\tls_cert_flash_tools\Debug_UART

And there it is. As you can see it is not the best way for Atmel to provide a nice service to us, users... They really shoud consider making this easier.

I hope this will help you.

Best Regards,

Román