STK500 comming soon !!

Go To Last Post
3 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

All,

I got my STK500 yesterday from AVNET for $79 (pre-order). The lead time is suppose to be end of March but seem like the supply is here. I check Digikey and they quote 3/24 shipping date (instead of April). So get ready for those who are waiting to get the STK500 after a long wait, it might be gone soon.

I'm impressed with the board so far just by looking at it. Well build and a lot of features.

admin's test signature

The STK500 is available in Germany for quite q while now :-D
Prices between DM 230 - 270

You seem to live in the U.S. and can't buy it yet??? Reimport it from Germany! Contacts available

Very odd...

Chris

admin's test signature

We ordered 3 STK-200 boards for our 'Embedded Systems' course and got 3 STK-500's instead. They were ordered from a company called 'Elfa', in Sweden.

The boards are pretty neat, but after a quick session at the lab, we noticed two major problems:

- there are no mounting holes in the board! The course assignment is to develop a software for a small race-car model. Its going to be hard to try to attach the baord to the car base.

- the chip sockets and port headers are aligned in such a way that it makes removal of the chips (with anything other than a chip-removing tool) very, very hard and risks damaging the pins

Other than that, no problems so far. Even run my own version of blinking lights on it.

Marcin

admin's test signature