Split from: Online update to 7.0.1417 craves Windows update KB2978092.

Go To Last Post
9 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hello,

I tried to update to 7.0.1417 on Win 7 but it doesn't work. I have not only problems with missing optional Windows updates but with essential. AS installer says that I have to update Windows KB2999226 (essential) and KB2670838 and KB2978092 (optional), but all are installed!

As KB2999226 is a required patch and not a suggested one the installer stops and I have no chance to install. I tried to deinstall the 3 updates and reinstall using Windows Update - no success. AS installer doesn't finish the installation.

What's going wrong and how can I install 1417? I hope anyone here can help.

Hans

Last Edited: Tue. May 30, 2017 - 09:44 PM
Total votes: 1

Opening up a new question in a thread that has been marked "Solved might be a bit of bad form, but (worse) it might also render less interests and answers than if you started a new thread. People just looking through the list of threads will see that you commented here, but will at the same time see that the problem has been marked solved, and might just walk on without looking.

IF you start a new thread, then do everyone a favour and note so in this thread and post a link here pointing to the new thread.

Alas I have nothing to offer as actual help to you.

"He used to carry his guitar in a gunny sack, or sit beneath the tree by the railroad track. Oh the engineers would see him sitting in the shade, Strumming with the rhythm that the drivers made. People passing by, they would stop and say, "Oh, my, what that little country boy could play!" [Chuck Berry]

"Some questions have no answers."[C Baird] "There comes a point where the spoon-feeding has to stop and the independent thinking has to start." [C Lawson] "There are always ways to disagree, without being disagreeable."[E Weddington] "Words represent concepts. Use the wrong words, communicate the wrong concept." [J Morin] "Persistence only goes so far if you set yourself up for failure." [Kartman]

Split

:: Morten

(yes, I work for Atmel, yes, I do this in my spare time, now stop sending PMs)

I am having similar problems.  The AS installer says "Please install the following Windows Updates:
Optional Windows Updates(Data Visualizer Rendering): 1
KB2978092: https://support.microsoft.com/en..."

The update does not show up in windows update, and when I download it manually it claims to be "not applicable to my system."

(I am running the IE11WIN7 Windows 7 VM under VirtualBox on Mac, from here: https://developer.microsoft.com/... )

Last Edited: Tue. May 30, 2017 - 11:50 PM

> Alas I have nothing to offer as actual help to you.

Why not point the thread at the quintessential solution?

Trivet wrote:

> Alas I have nothing to offer as actual help to you.

Why not point the thread at the quintessential solution?

Which is? 

"He used to carry his guitar in a gunny sack, or sit beneath the tree by the railroad track. Oh the engineers would see him sitting in the shade, Strumming with the rhythm that the drivers made. People passing by, they would stop and say, "Oh, my, what that little country boy could play!" [Chuck Berry]

"Some questions have no answers."[C Baird] "There comes a point where the spoon-feeding has to stop and the independent thinking has to start." [C Lawson] "There are always ways to disagree, without being disagreeable."[E Weddington] "Words represent concepts. Use the wrong words, communicate the wrong concept." [J Morin] "Persistence only goes so far if you set yourself up for failure." [Kartman]

@westfw: Local or network installer? 

@westfw: Local or network installer? 

Hmm.  Both.

The error happens during the "system validation" phase of the install, which is pretty early - before the web installer starts downloading stuff.

The 'full' installer behaves the same way...

I had the same problem on my work PC.

I contacted our IT department as they need to give the right persmissions and such....

They took remotely took over the machine and they manually installed these updates.

I think they went to a microsoft page and there downloaded the installer packages and installed them.

It would be great if atmel downloaded the needed updates and put them in an additional installer package (just 1 package containing all the needed updates as they will abort as soon as they see the installation was already done.)