Solved: Atmel Studio / update won't install. Flags (MS Update KB2999226)

Go To Last Post
10 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I had Atmel Studio 7.0 installed and working.  I decided to install the 7.0.1188 update and the installer flagged these two updates as not being installed.

Please install the following Windows Updates:
[KB2999226, https://support.microsoft.com/en...
[KB3033929, https://support.microsoft.com/en...

I have them installed, and have uninstalled them, rebooted, and installed them again with no success.

It seems I have about 15 C++ Redistribution packages installed for various applications.  Dont' know if this is part of the problem or not.

I have completely uninstalled Atmel Studio 7.0 and tried again with the same results.  I also ran the microsoft Fixit program for install issues.  No success.

Any Ideas would be appreciated.

thanks.

Last Edited: Sun. Oct 23, 2016 - 04:57 AM

"Dare to be naïve." - Buckminster Fuller

thanks.

Total votes: 1

UPDATE :  Solution.  (run from cmd as administrator and use the parameter clause  /SystemValidationErrorAsWarning)

like this :

4. type as-installer-7.0.1188-full.exe /SystemValidationErrorAsWarning

Solution:

if you have done the 3. said before, so the KB3033929 is installed even if in a hidden position, you can force Atmel Studio & Windows 7:

1. Open Windows 7 command prompt. Usually it is in C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe

2. Move to the directory where the Atmel Studio 7.0 application was downloaded. In my case cd c:\users\Mario\Downloads\Atmel

3. type dir and verify the application as-installer-7.0.1188-full.exe is listed

4. type as-installer-7.0.1188-full.exe /SystemValidationErrorAsWarning

http://www.avrfreaks.net/forum/a...

A few weeks ago I followed Studio's hints/directions over to Microsoft & managed to install one or two of the "required"  updates...but of course the very last one (something about a virtualizatuion display mode) was rejected by Microsoft, saying my Win7 system didn't need it or couldn't make use of it!  I finally deselected the ARM & perhaps the 32bitters from the install choices menu---and it proceeded to install without any complaints.

When in the dark remember-the future looks brighter than ever.

... then you should have read it a bit better. The graphic kB is not required, and the installer allows you to continue with the installation even if you don't have it.

The kB is needed on some machines, where it fixes a graphics rendering issue.

:: Morten

(yes, I work for Atmel, yes, I do this in my spare time, now stop sending PMs)

The graphic kB is not required, and the installer allows you to continue with the installation even if you don't have it...

You would think so, since the message was something about an optional/recommended upgrade of that part.  However, if I pressed "continue on" studio installer would shortly abort &  giving a message about the failed install.  VERY annoying.  Did that about 3 or 4 times, always coming up to this annoying message about installing this recommended upgrade.  Maybe because I tried installing it (and Windows wouldn't cooperate), windows was setting/reporting some flag to make studio give up. 

Hmmm, do you remember the exact error message?

:: Morten

(yes, I work for Atmel, yes, I do this in my spare time, now stop sending PMs)

Hmmm, do you remember the exact error message?

I was hoping to forget it :)  ...I think the installer just said Studio 7 "could not be installed" or "was not installed" (even if you had pressed continue).  It certainly did not say the installation was successful, ready to use, etc.

Was trying to install AVR 7.0 and faced the same issue with KB2999226 not being installed in my Windows 7.

While searching for info for resolving the issue, came to this KB. avrcandies' response helped. Took out option for Smart ARM processors from install and the install went through.

Now fighting with missing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll.... Oh, well..

Warm Regards,

Warm Regards,

Ravi