PS/2 mouse for PIC16F877

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Author
Total votes: 0

good afternoon

I need some help about this protocol PS2 optical mouse, I'm using PIC16F877, i need to implement ps2 mouse protocol for read de position x, y and send to labview. Exist a library that allow to implement ps2 mouse for PIC16f, in this webpage http://www.computer-engineering.org/ps2mouse/ is the proyect, but link is broken, if you know about it, can you send me the library and information? thanks for help, i really need it!. Greeting from COLOMBIA!

this is my mail mafekingtome@hotmail.com

Andres!, I am grateful for this.

Quote:

I'm using PIC16F877

It cannot be done on a PIC, especially a PIC16.

Use an AVR.

Lee :twisted:

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig.

It's just as easy on a PIC as it is on an AVR:

http://www.gedanken.demon.co.uk/rs232-converters/ps2.html

Leon

Leon Heller
G1HSM

Interesting you asked almost the exact same question on Jul 10, (actually the wording is strikingly similar) but you were using a mega16 at the time. You never replied to your post. So I'm guessing you expect us to email the reply to you... this is not how this forum works.

Also, this is an AVR forum... if you want help with PIC's, then go to a PIC forum and ask your question there.

Writing code is like having sex.... make one little mistake, and you're supporting it for life.

Here you can find the information you are asking for.

As others stated, this is an AVR forum not a PIC one. PIC is a forbidden word here.

Anyways good luck with your project.

By the way, beautiful country Colombia.

Maybe Andres is fishing for email addresses?

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

* Electronic Design * Custom Products * Contract Assembly

Perhaps Andres posts message, waits for responses that never come (and never comes back here, thus not knowing about the posted responses), gives up on AVR, chooses PIC as next best. What happens when the responses never com? 8051 next?

Jim Wagner Oregon Research Electronics, Consulting Div. Tangent, OR, USA There are some answers that have no questions.

Quote:

What happens when the responses never com? 8051 next?

And still post here? lol

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig.

All the cool kids are using 80186 these days.

Maybe Andres has not gotten the answer he is waiting for and is still waiting for a better one, or you are too impatient about his reply.

too impatient? how many months do we have to wait? His previous pt, asking the same question, but using an AVR was several months ago!

Writing code is like having sex.... make one little mistake, and you're supporting it for life.

Pages