Programming '4434 with STK-200

Go To Last Post
2 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hello,
I have the STK-200 development kit. When I try to program, read, erase, or do anything with an AT90S4434 chip, the ISP software (that came with the kit) responds that the device can not be found. However, if I pull down the Options menu and choose "Advanced" and then disable the signature check, then everything works fine. Have any of you seen this before? Is this a problem with the IC, or is it a problem with the software?
By the way, there are no problems when I use the AT90S8535 chip. I have also used the '8515 and '4414 without incident.
Thanks very much.

admin's test signature

Total votes: 0

Hi Phil,

Try downloading the new .ini file for the AVR ISP software. Upgrade to v2.65 (not 3.31!)too if you haven't already. Both upgrades are available at this very site under the "Tools" tab or through interconnecting links. The new .ini file contains some corrected signatures.

If your problem persists, could you tell me which OS you're running? AVR ISP v2.65 generally doesn't work on WinNT or Win2k platforms. The AT90S8515 has proven to be the most tolerant part, so this one will usually program no matter what.

Best regards,

Morten, AVR tech. support, Atmel FAE

admin's test signature