Post photos of your AVR based project! (part 1)

480 posts / 0 new
Last post
Author
Total votes: 0

I'm collecting photos of AVR based projects to post in my embeddedsystems.US photo gallery. If you would like your photo(s) published, please send them to me at the email address listed in my AVRFreaks profile. Please include a title and description for each photo. You may include a link to your web site in the description. The maximum photo size is 1024x768. If you have more than a couple of photos, I'll create a sub-album just for you.

Also, my web site is still in beta stage. However, if you register, you can then create links in my links section and news articles in the User News section. All submissions are reviewed before publishing.

==============================================================================================
EDIT: I let the embeddedsystems.us domain and site expire. Most of the gallery photos came directly from the photos posted to this thread so read on and enjoy!

Tom

No interesting pictures, but I love your site. Specifically, http://embeddedsystems.us/gallery/butterfly/IMG_7407_Large is by far the greatest AVR project i've seen in a long time - it has neatness but also the "wow, cool!" factor thrown in. I spy with my little eye a LCD, QWheel, desecrated Butterfly and a CF card...

And awww, shucks, you put a link to ButtLoad in your links. Thanks!

- Dean :twisted:

PS: In that photo, what's the little SM chip soldered to the seperate tiny board in the bottom-right?

Make Atmel Studio better with my free extensions. Open source and feedback welcome!

Thanks, Dean. Of cousre I put a link to BUTTLOAD. I'm ready to hand off a couple of BUTTLOADs to my board assembly houser for doing the initial programming of my boot loader on my main board, user-interface board and the various sensor boards. Your BUTTLOAD is one serious project. Well done!

BTW, that's a Secure Digital (SD) Card not a CF card.

Tom

Hey! I just found a PDF button next to the email button by the news story title. I clicked it an it created a PDF of the article on my PC. Very cool. I'm liking this Mambo CMS.

I'm an idiot, it is indeed a SD card. Sadly, I was using a SD card only moments before I posted that in order to post the pic of my ButtLoad setup. Doh! I promise I know what they look like! :D.

So what is that little SM chip in the photo? Or is it a company secret? :)

Make Atmel Studio better with my free extensions. Open source and feedback welcome!

Quote:
So what is that little SM chip in the photo? Or is it a company secret?
It is a giant-magneto-resistive sensor. A bridge configuration that changes resistance when in a changing magnetic field.

Are you sending me that picture of your BUTTLOAD setup?

Not much to see, since it's basically just a Butterfly connected to a STK500. Despite looking rather odd, it worked! As I said in the ButtLoad thread, today was the first time i've ever tried ButtLoad since the first bungled attempt during the Alpha stages which killed my original Butterfly.

Unboxed projects with bare naked PCB's, their hot wires poking out, go to "Adults Only" gallery? :)

The Dark Boxes are coming.

Of course, along with the photos of the Dark Boxes!

What is a dark box, anyway?

I have one, here's my DAC. It's so hot it's all wet with flux. TQFP32 is ATmega8L, big SOIC is CS8416, TSSOP28 is AD1955. Small SOIC is ADM3202, which is by the way an excellent, cheaper, replacement to MAX232 series.

As for the Dark Boxes, I already explained them not once. The latest post about them is here:
http://avrfreaks.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=203768

The Dark Boxes are coming.

Thanks, svofski!
Your photo has been posted to my gallery.
http://embeddedsystems.us/gallery/albums.php

Enjoy!

Pages