Nokia 3310 LCD adapter PCB´s

Last post
12 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi there!

Attached you can find PCB´s for adapting the famous Nokia 3310 LCD to a 5 Volt system. Furthermore the PCB is compatible to breadboards and experiment boards and so on and so on. You´ll find all the features in the attached file.

Unfortunately the only order chart I got is from reichelt.de (as I´m from Germany and it´s the best electronics seller here). If someone could adapt this to digikey or similar, this would be awesome! :)

If you find any bugs or something´s missing, pls let me know!

Besides: I would´ve liked to post this as a complete project (it will get lost in the forum in let´s say one year for sure) but as you might know there is neither a "Type" nor a "Compiler/Assembler" entry which is suitable for such "only PCB" projects. Maybe you could introduce a new project type for this? I do think this could bring the redundant work down for many people!

Attachment(s): 

Nice project. I too think that AVRfreaks could use a hardware project entry method.

Tom

Hi pay.c (and Tom of course :) )

Indeed very nice and thanks for sharing this.
I asked Eivind to add the HW-only possibility in the Project-area.

Cheers

Nard

Dragon broken ? Or problems with the Parallel Port Programmer ? Scroll down on my projects-page http://www.aplomb.nl/TechStuff/TechStuff.html for tips

Very cool, thanks a lot! :D

hi pay.c
thank you so so so much :D i don't think this topic will ever get lost as google is keeping eye on it ;)

----------
EDIT:

pay.c i really want to thank you sooo..... much.. don't have words :D i mean after burning 2 LC displays i found this.. :P thank you so much.. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

one question.. i don't have 220ohm resistor, rather i have 1K resistor.. will this do the job? in the PCB? and work with 5V?

Rickey's World of Microcontrollers
www.rickeyworld.info
www.8051projects.net

pay.c would you possibly have the Eagle footprints ? maybe ?

It's a great project, thanks for posting it.

Author of simavr - Follow me on twitter : @buserror

@ajay: I did not try that at all, but anyhow, it *should* work. The resistors are just limiting the current running into the LCD controller, so 1k´s should also work well at not to high SPI speeds. If you run into problems (what I don´t think) just lower the SPI speed and everything should be just fine.

@buserror: Attached you´ll find my own Eagle library (I had to zip it so the forum accepts it). Just don´t mind all the other stuff, it´s some kind of my "working library". It´s just darn uncomfortable in Eagle to get something in a library deleted or copied, so I just give you the whole package. Anyhow both Nokia´s do work. btw: I use Eagle 4.11 light if there are any problems opening it.

BIG Thanks to all for your regards. It´s good to know that your work is actually used and not totally useless. :)

Attachment(s): 

hi pay.c
:) i heard and saw people using nokia LCD at 5V.. have you ever tried it?

www.rickeyworld.info
www.8051projects.net

Errrrrrrrrrrrr, say, did you actually read this thread? I am doing that and it´s working fine, just download the file...

:?:

Or did I miss something?

In other words: The PCB brings the 5 V down to 3,3 for VCC (with the two voltage dividing resistors) and the other (logical) lines don´t need downscaling as long as you use the resistors in front.

I know what you did in the PCB :)
well i was asking something else :) is ok! :D
thank you so much again for the PCB :)

www.rickeyworld.info
www.8051projects.net

Hmmm, did you mean VCC 5V? Running the LCD on 5V VCC and 5V logic levels? I didn´t try that at all as I am afraid you´ll fry the LCD with the time. It should work for a short shot, but over time you´ll perhaps fry the controller. Anyhow, as you get those LCD´s for nothing (4 Euros or so) -> just try it and tell us. ;)

First off, sorry for dragging up a thread over 4 years old!

I've just made the PCB and connected it up. At one stage I got some text to appear on the screen, then the next time I powered up it didn't come back. It could be a loose connection or something.

Anyway, my question is: why isn't reset connected? The datasheet says:

Quote:
Immediately following power-on, the contents of all internal
registers and of the RAM are undefined. A RES pulse
must be applied. Attention should be paid to the
possibility that the device may be damaged if not properly
reset.

Could this be my problem?