No STK600 routing board for ATtiny1616 (SOIC)

Go To Last Post
9 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I own two STK600 boards, and thought I'd have a look-play at-with the ATtiny1616 (three DAC outputs!).

Having a look around I find a SOIC top/socket board for the STK600, but looking for a routing board I fail. According to this page, http://www.atmel.com/webdoc/GUID... , there's supposed to be one - there's a link with number STK600-RC020T-104 but the link is dead. Searching the Microchip site for "STK600-RC020T-104" yields no hits.

Anyone know what's up with this? Just bad web-site data? Or does the routing card not really exist?

Happy 75th anniversary to one of the best movies ever made! Rick Blane [Bogart]: "Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine."

"Some questions have no answers."[C Baird] "There comes a point where the spoon-feeding has to stop and the independent thinking has to start." [C Lawson] "There are always ways to disagree, without being disagreeable."[E Weddington] "Words represent concepts. Use the wrong words, communicate the wrong concept." [J Morin] "Persistence only goes so far if you set yourself up for failure." [Kartman]

It's listed here:

http://www.atmel.com/webdoc/GUID...

Jim

If you want a career with a known path - become an undertaker. Dead people don't sue! - Kartman

Please Read: Code-of-Conduct

Atmel Studio6.2/AS7, DipTrace, Quartus, MPLAB user

Yes Jim, that's the page I linked to in my OP. But

i) The mention in that listing is a web link that is dead, and

ii) Searching Microchips web shop for "STK600-RC020T-104" there is no sign of it, and

iii) Neither Mouser nor DigiKey show any hits when  I search for "STK600-RC020T-104"

Thus, I'm thinking it might actually not exist..

If so, it's a pity since the STK600 is an excellent platform, with the Studio support, all breakouts, clocking options and easy attachment of an ICE.

I was thinking Santa might put the SOIC top, a routing board and a few 1616s into the packet I sense he might be sending me... ;-)  (Since Microchip Direct seems to have quite reasonable shipping costs I believe Santa would get the things from there.)

Happy 75th anniversary to one of the best movies ever made! Rick Blane [Bogart]: "Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine."

"Some questions have no answers."[C Baird] "There comes a point where the spoon-feeding has to stop and the independent thinking has to start." [C Lawson] "There are always ways to disagree, without being disagreeable."[E Weddington] "Words represent concepts. Use the wrong words, communicate the wrong concept." [J Morin] "Persistence only goes so far if you set yourself up for failure." [Kartman]

Last Edited: Thu. Dec 7, 2017 - 06:11 PM

JohanEkdahl wrote:
ii) Searching Microchips web shop for "STK600-RC020T-104" there is no sign of it, and iii) Neither Mouser nor DigiKey show any hits when  I search for "STK600-RC020T-104"   Thus, I'm thinking it might actually not exist..

YOu might be right as the other devices that use that Routing card also have XPLAIN mini boards

JIm

If you want a career with a known path - become an undertaker. Dead people don't sue! - Kartman

Please Read: Code-of-Conduct

Atmel Studio6.2/AS7, DipTrace, Quartus, MPLAB user

Bump..

Anyone have an idea about where/how to ask Microchip/Atmel about this?

(Santa want's my shopping list so I need to send in in a day or two...)

Isn't this what you want?

http://www.microchipdirect.com/p...

'This forum helps those who help themselves.'

pragmatic  adjective dealing with things sensibly and realistically in a way that is based on practical rather than theoretical consideration.

Thanks Brian: Not sure that will do for the tiny1616 - article number is quite similar to the one in the table I and Jim have linked to. The page you link to looks promising but does not mention the tiny1616. And since there are differences between the timy416 and tiny1616 I need to do some comparison of pinouts etc.

I don't expect Atmel to publish schematics of their routing boards (given other schematics have been non-existent, scarse, late or hidden) but if someone knows where then I'll gladly take a hint/link!

EDIT: Other routing cards have product pages, e.g. this (and as you can see there are schematics), but for the card I'm seeking the product page is missing or badly named.

Last Edited: Mon. Dec 11, 2017 - 06:55 PM

If you look at the Device Support table it calls for the STK600-RC020T-104 for both the 416 and 1616 (and also the 816).

'This forum helps those who help themselves.'

pragmatic  adjective dealing with things sensibly and realistically in a way that is based on practical rather than theoretical consideration.

Yes. It seems it is the correct one.

But the "weakness" of the documentation.. I'd hate to spend $75 on something that does not work.

I'll probably decide tomorrow.

Thanks for the help, Brian!