MICS-2614 Library

Go To Last Post
9 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hello.....

I am working on MICS-2614. I am new to this sensor. I want to interface this with ATmega128. I tried to find out library of this sensor, but i could not. I downloaded datasheet and refered it, but i found only schematic, not any equation or library. Can anyone sugget me how to interface this sensor with ATmega128? I want output in ppb and also in ppm.

* Moved  because this is NOT a tutorial teaching others. Moderator *

Last Edited: Wed. Apr 13, 2016 - 07:16 AM

I guess you did not look very carefully. There are many more... if you google with mics-2614 arduino

https://github.com/ShawnHymel/MI...

Obviously you will have to do some work yourself to use it with the mega128.

extra:

And as the measurement range maxs out at 1000 ppb, your need for ppm will be in decimal form only.

Ross McKenzie ValuSoft Melbourne Australia

Last Edited: Wed. Apr 13, 2016 - 06:59 AM

Thank you...

I already downloaded from a link which you posted, but there is nothing in firmware file. It is just ino file with adc reading and display command, nothing else.

I already dowenloaded datasheet of MICS2614 and also read it carefully, i am asking about conversation of adc values to ppb reading or about equations for ppb conversation from adc values.

Well, the datasheet gives a typical performance curve. Have you tried to fit a transfer function to that curve?

However you should also be aware of the following statement.

(taken from https://sgx.cdistore.com/datashe... )

So the answer is... you have to make measurements in a controlleed gas environment and then create your own transfer equation for each individual sensor.

No free lunch it appears.

Total votes: 1

What is your application for the sensor, are you wanting an Ozone presence detector, or do you want to measure the level of O3 in air?

The first is fairly easy, the second will require a much higher level of calibration using known gas mixtures,

note: Ozone is nasty stuff, just stick you nose near an operating laser printer or copier for a sample.

Jim

Yes, I want to measure the level of O3 in air. I also set timer using timer in ATmega128 for 30sec to calibrate sensor.

How can i make equation from graph of Rs/R0 Vs ppb? I made equation from graph, but it gives me wrong values.

Last Edited: Fri. Apr 15, 2016 - 04:30 AM

Do you have a copy of Excel or OpenOffice? You enter the coordinate pairs in two vertical columns and then highlight the set and select the curve fit tool.

Hi!

Has anyone been able to evolve into this sensor code?

For me, the following values appear: