MacAVR?

Go To Last Post
136 posts / 0 new

Pages

Author
Total votes: 0

Is there equivalent software for Mac OS X?

Search the forums for "GCC" and "Mac". I think you'll find several applicable threads amongst the hits.

"He used to carry his guitar in a gunny sack, or sit beneath the tree by the railroad track. Oh the engineers would see him sitting in the shade, Strumming with the rhythm that the drivers made. People passing by, they would stop and say, "Oh, my, what that little country boy could play!" [Chuck Berry]

"Some questions have no answers."[C Baird] "There comes a point where the spoon-feeding has to stop and the independent thinking has to start." [C Lawson] "There are always ways to disagree, without being disagreeable."[E Weddington] "Words represent concepts. Use the wrong words, communicate the wrong concept." [J Morin] "Persistence only goes so far if you set yourself up for failure." [Kartman]

Unfortunately, Programmer's Notepad is a Windows-only project. But a multitude of options exist for syntax-highlighting, compiler-invoking text editors for Unix and/or MacOS.

MFile should be runnable with tck/tk for the MacOS. But after confronting a little bit of initial trouble setting it up, I decided it wasn't worthwhile and started managing my makefiles manually.

Currently, I know of no source of patched or precompiled binaries of avr-binutils or avr-gcc for MacOS. But it is relatively easy (if a little time consuming) to gather the relevant source code and patches, and build the compiler yourself. (You'd need to gave the MacOS version of GCC already installed. The easiest way to get that might be to download the XCode developers suite for free from Apple's website.)

If you use the manifest of packages and patches listed in the WinAVR documentation, then you should be able to build a toolchain with identical code-generaing characteristics to WinAVR for your Macintosh.

There have been discussions of this here before. Do a search for it.

All of the parts of WinAvr can be compiled and used on the Mac. I don't know of any project that has collected Mac compiled parts together as WinAvr has.

Edit: Beaten to the punch.

I would certainly recommend downloading Xcode. Not only will you get gcc for the Mac, but you can use the Xcode app itself to edit your source files.

Regards,
Steve A.

The Board helps those that help themselves.

> MFile should be runnable with tck/tk for the MacOS. But after
> confronting a little bit of initial trouble setting it up, I decided
> it wasn't worthwhile and started managing my makefiles manually.

I'd be interested in any hints to make it usable on MacOS X.

Jörg Wunsch

Please don't send me PMs, use email if you want to approach me personally.

Next time I get a chance to sit down and work with it, I'll take some notes.

mFile worked under MacOS X 10.3 but I can't get it to work on 10.4 I will have to look into it.

Eclipse is good for code editing.

Aaron

Hmmm I've been learning Cocoa, and I've been throwing around the idea of making MacAVR, an OSX IDE for AVR GCC. What do you guys think? Waste of time?

Quote:
Hmmm I've been learning Cocoa, and I've been throwing around the idea of making MacAVR, an OSX IDE for AVR GCC. What do you guys think? Waste of time?

I've been toying with the same idea. I'm not sure if I would have the time to work on it though.

Regards,
Steve A.

The Board helps those that help themselves.

Or maybe my time would be better spent working on some helper apps to improve Xcode integration. I'm not too sure, since I haven't done any AVR work in Xcode yet, I've only done OSX programming (Cocoa, C, etc).

forgieboy wrote:
Or maybe my time would be better spent working on some helper apps to improve Xcode integration. I'm not too sure, since I haven't done any AVR work in Xcode yet, I've only done OSX programming (Cocoa, C, etc).

Nice avatar. Still my favorite game...
I would definitely be interested in this project, I've considered building a simple Cocoa interface to avrdude myself. I managed to get an avr-gcc toolchain and avrdude installed and working on my Core Duo iMac, but found the AVR Studio interface far more useful...particularly when I discovered the Programmer's Notepad. I'd still rather use Xcode for editing, though...

(Also, avrdude was programming the chips extremely slowly for some reason...been too busy learning AVRs to mess with making it useable.)

The Xcode framework works pretty well. I think that it would be nice to see an installable package that is as complete as winavr. I have a package from my last build and the process used to get there.

See: http://www.digithink.com/embedded/Avr/OSXToolChain

Eventually I plan to bundle avra and avrdude though I havent had as much time as I would like to chase this down. I would be more than willing to host or contribute to such a project.

Don.

Hey ddd7 thanks for the precompiled AVR-GCC. I could never get it to compile corectly for some reason!

My AVR Site

NP. Let me know if you have any problems or other feed back. I have posted it as a project. http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?module=FreaksAcademy&func=viewItem&item_id=602&item_type=project[/url]

Nice work. I currently use fink and darwinports for avr-gdb, simulavr, avarice and avrdude.

I've been working with AVRs in Xcode for about the last year or so. This is still using a make file and just using Xcode to fire up make when I hit build.

I have a template file for doing this ( see attached zip) which you can copy into /Library/Application Support/Apple/Developer Tools/Project Templates/. This should then give you an AVR Project as an option when starting a new project. Its pretty basic, just a main.c and standard makefile. ( feel free to change to suit your needs or to include in your package)

I'm looking at making some "target templates" so you don't need makefiles at all. I like using makefiles because it makes sharing code with non mac users easier.

I've been trying to get avr-gdb to work but haven't had too much luck as xcode seems tries to 'run' rather than 'cont' in gdb. There are another couple of workarounds needed as Xcode checks the file to be debugged is a working executable which also fails. I found a plugin inside the Xcode.app called GDBMIDebugging.xcplugin. Possibly a copy of this can be modified and made to work with avr-gdb.

I use the following commands to switch between debuggers

defaults write com.apple.Xcode PBXGDBPath /sw/bin/avr-gdb
defaults delete com.apple.Xcode PBXGDBPath 

If anyone knows anything about GDB MI interface or ideas on how to make this work I'm willing to listen. :)

Hope this helps.

Attachment(s): 

Perhaps a helper App that would use a GUI to configure avrdude and manage the makefile, but allow Xcode to do the editing? Would that be a good way of doing it?

edit: cjameshuff, do you know about Aleph One? The open source modern port of Marathon 2/Infinity? That's the reason for the green logo (not blue, yellow or silver).... oh yeah, and:

"FROG BLAST THE VENTCORE!"

A working mfile.tcl would probably do the trick....

EDIT: .. now compiling Tix /tcl/tk 8.1.4..... going for coffee ;)

okay so I did a

fink install tix
ln -s /sw/bin/tixwish8.1.8.4 /sw/bin/tixwish

then I moved the mfile directory from a windows winavr install to

/usr/local/share/mfile

and edited the first line of mfile.tcl to read

#!/sw/bin/tixwish

next I set up some links

chmod 755 /usr/local/share/mfile.tcl
ln -s /usr/local/share/mfile/mfile.tcl /usr/local/bin/mfile

and what do you know mfile works fine (it's in X of course so a nice aquafied version wouldn't go amiss)

note:you need to be root or to sudo some of the above commands
now if someone can just tell me how to stop my USB serial adaptors changing names every boot I think I'll be set.

Cool! I will have to check this out with Tigers bundled TclTk Aqua BI.

So back to the origional question....

Equivilant software.

Compiler Chain (obviously bundlable) -- same
    mfile -- works
    avrdude -- works
    X-code in place of -> Avr studio
    avra in place of -> atmel assembler.

avra in its current form seems pretty damn broken (it core dumps all over ... good indicator is that the FBSD ports version is over a year old). Six months and no release.

What else is missing...
Simulavar/Avrice

Thoughts?

This also works with the Aqua native tk build on panther http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/tcltkaqua/TclTkAquaStandalone-8.4.10.1.dmg?download

simulavr/avarice both work fine at the moment and should be able to be bundled. But the only gui is ddd or avr-gdb.

mfile doesn't work well with the built in /usr/bin/wish but should be fixable. It does seem to work with /sw/bin/wish now, though. With the standalone wish 8.4.7 and 8.4.9 the dropdown menus are drawn and then the screen just sits there kind of "winking" or "flashing" as if its stuck in an infinite loop trying to resize or something.

I have avra Version 1.1.0 Build 372 (27. December 2005) and it seems to run fine on my system. I can't remember where I got it from I think I built it myself. (I had to remember to use include files for avarasm.exe not avrasm2.exe )

I think that's about it for a base system. Need to add some nice gui helpers and a "code wizard". Avrdude-gui project uses wxwidgets so might be able to be ported with out too mush effort.

... oh yeah we'll need to make some documentation ( like the winavr manual)

While I am thinking about it. I started looking at a native front end for avrdude. But looking at the aquafied Tcl/Tk It makes more sense to leverage that tool here and come up with something that would cross platforms well.

I will revisit rebuilding avra. I remember building the old version from the bsd ports collection and then having to get the files and I think I had to patch somehting but I may not be remembering right. It was a pain to build but It worked for what I needed. I remember only fixing it for the tinyX5 family and thinking it was incomplete. When I downloaded the last release it was a breaze to build but cored all over the place.

I will take a pop at building it again tomorrow. If it works I will package it. Same for avrdude.

I had a problem with avrdude 5.1 in the fink distribution so I built mine from the CVS. the version had problems when trying to program the butterfly. I will re check the current fink version and see if that works.... okay so version 5.1 in fink works okay (info files for fink came from Mikey Sklar at http://screwdecaf.cx/tools.html )
I think a tcl/tk avrdude frontend would be great. Just something that lets me play with the fuse bits in a friendly way would be all I'd really want. I've downloaded some of the wxWidgets stuff and I'm looking at adapting the unix makefile for avrdude-gui.

(Arrg. I thought I had posted this already) What does your avra --devices give you. I revisited the build from source and found that it still throws a bus error and that when I looked at the devices.c it was missing most of last years devices. (I have the tiny45 and the meba 48 on my bench).

I nabbed the Partdescriptionfiles and the includes from avrStudio4 So I should be able to build a complete avra vased on the 1.0.1 code from the ports.

Built and packaged avrdude from cvs I will add it to the disk image this evening when I get home.

d-oh it looks like avra still has that problem. :(
To be honest I've only tested it with the Tiny13.

Ok so I pulled a Lincoln Stein and hacked together a pile o php that creates the devicelist table.

I used this to create a 1.0.1-plus-newdevices (based on the /ports/ pick for stability). I am packaging this and will have it up for testing shortly.

I am about as confident in my modifications as I am in avra at this point so a little scrutiny is prolly a good idea at this point.

DdDD

Attachment(s): 

I've managed to compile avrdude-gui for mac using wxWidgets. Its not very pretty at the moment and the layout is a little broken. But it looks promising.

I built wxWidgets and avrdude-gui from anonymous CVS and it seems to work but lots of the widgets are broken.

I also found srecord in the darwin ports system if you were looking to include that in the distribution.

I'll check out your version of devices.c :)

Attachment(s): 

Nah check out the dmg and the cooresponding package.

http://www.digithink.com/embedded/avr/OSXAVR-10JUN06.dmg

cheers, downloading your package. built and tested the old avra with your devices.c and seems to work fine with my couple of test programs /devices.

avra works great.. avurdude has a couple of issues .. not sure what is up here,

/usr/local/bin/avrdude -p t13 -P /dev/cu.usbserial-ER051111 -c avrisp2 -U flash:w:Timer.hex -v -v

avrdude: Version 5.1cvs
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/

System wide configuration file is "/usr/local/etc/avrdude.conf"
         User configuration file is "/Users/nick/.avrduderc"
         User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular file, skipping

Using Port            : /dev/cu.usbserial-ER051111
         Using Programmer      : avrisp2
         AVR Part              : ATtiny13
         Chip Erase delay      : 4000 us
         PAGEL                 : P00
         BS2                   : P00
         RESET disposition     : dedicated
         RETRY pulse           : SCK
         serial program mode   : yes
         parallel program mode : yes
         Timeout               : 200
         StabDelay             : 100
         CmdexeDelay           : 25
         SyncLoops             : 32
         ByteDelay             : 0
         PollIndex             : 3
         PollValue             : 0x53
         Memory Detail         :

Block Poll               Page                       Polled
           Memory Type Mode Delay Size  Indx Paged  Size   Size #Pages MinW  MaxW   ReadBack
           ----------- ---- ----- ----- ---- ------ ------ ---- ------ ----- ----- ---------
           eeprom        65     5     4    0 no         64    0      0  4000  4000 0xff 0xff
           flash         65     6    32    0 yes      1024   32     32  4500  4500 0xff 0xff
           signature      0     0     0    0 no          3    0      0     0     0 0x00 0x00
           lock           0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  4500  4500 0x00 0x00
           calibration    0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0     0     0 0x00 0x00
           lfuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  4500  4500 0x00 0x00
           hfuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  4500  4500 0x00 0x00

Programmer Type : STK500V2
         Description     : Atmel AVR ISP mkII
         Hardware Version: 15
         Firmware Version: 2.4
         Topcard         : Unknown
         Vtarget         : 0.0 V
         Varef           : 5.0 V
         Oscillator      : 3.686 MHz
         SCK period      : 1.1 us

avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.10s

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e9007
avrdude: Expected signature for ATtiny13 is FF FF FF
         Double check chip, or use -F to override this check.

any ideas. I've uninstalled the fink version to ensure no interferance from that.

avrdude-gui looks pretty useless as it doesn't read from avrdude.conf. I want something that reads from avrdude.conf and lists some serial ports/ programmers i actually have....

It would be great to have something that also expands the fuses out into their names.... another item for the todo list i guess. Tcl/Tk seems much more appropiate for this type of program than wxWidgets.

any way back to work... :)

I have successfully programmed ATtiny13's with avrdude 5.0 although I am starting to wonder if it's name could be short for: "Where's my chip, dude?" I had been using uisp without mishap for several years and recently switched to the 'dude to program the 13's. In the past few weeks of using it, I have lost contact with chips twice. The first time, the STK500 SCK period inexplicately went from 40 us back to 1.1 us (I am programming chips running off the 128khz internal clock). The second time, another chip changed to reading back all FF's without warning. One 'make' everything was working and all was right with the world; the next make, it failed, with no change to the Makefile. I still have not been able to recover the chip, even with high voltage programming and AVR Studio.

I am not sure where the problem lies: avrdude, the Rev D '13s, my connections, the stk500?

- John

Yeah I've got a dead tiny13.. just comes back all FFFF.. no reason... such a waste it was so young.

I've found avrdude to be pretty reliable though. last chip to come up dead I think I blamed on grounding problems or cosmic rays. I use a JTAG and an USB ISP both from ere.co.th and they seem pretty reliable.

I've just done a pretty basic package with some AVR templates for Xcode, just unzip and install the package.
Any feedback or ideas are welcome. I should be able to make a "makefile-less" project at some stage but I'll have to do some more digging into xcode's less documented features.

Attachment(s): 

So does this mean that the avrdude is ok? I wont be able to bench test it until tomorrow.
(I thought I had asked this already but the thread seems to be missing it).

I can't get you version of avr-dude to work, perhaps the latest CVS version is broken. Whatever tool or device I use it comes back saying that the Expected signature for is FF FF FF. I took a basic look at the avrdude.conf file and all the signnatures seem intact.
I'm updating my cvs version and will try a build from that and see if that works.

I'm running 10.4.6 on a G4 mini.

OK,

I will bench test tomorrow. Provided I dont die cellibrating my 42nd birthday this evening.

If I remember correctly I the new devices are all pretty much in the conf file so any stable codebranch will do. I am building on a 10.3.9 machine on a cube and a clamshell i-book and testing on a 10.4.6 g4 (I didnt upgrade the xtools).

I had a hell of a time getting avrdude to talk to my 45s but it was related to jumpering pins around on the stk500. I waisted a couple of housr looking at Tcl/libXML for parsing the Atmel Parts definition files.

Check back tomorrow.

happy Birthday :)

I have just built the latest CVS version and it is broken (at least for my system). I have tried with different versions of avrdude.conf. and the same result.
I notice that Colin has recently checked in some changes to the signature checking routine.
I did a

cvs  update -r RELEASE_5_1_0 "main.c" 

and then rebuilt and it works fine.

Can you tarball your source? Or package it into /usr/local/? I tried to update my cvs build an bustificated my working avrdude in the process. So much for bench testing. Must get back to the tequilla.

Man Yana.

Just got back from work. Here's a tarball of my avrdude directory.

Attachment(s): 

Cool I will build bench test and repackage this tonight.

OK so (Many days later) I got this code to work and made a package which hangs on my tiger box. I now I need to figure out what works and doesnt on the g3 versus g4 and panther v tiger front. Looks like we may need two binaries.

Grrr.

forgieboy wrote:
Perhaps a helper App that would use a GUI to configure avrdude and manage the makefile, but allow Xcode to do the editing? Would that be a good way of doing it?

Sounds good to me. I managed to install it on my x86 iMac, but found figuring out how to actually use it to be unnecessarily difficult...partly because some of the newer stuff (for the AVRISP Mk II, specifically) seems to be undocumented. I do have it working, but it's very slow for some reason, and I haven't found the right option to fix that...

forgieboy wrote:
edit: cjameshuff, do you know about Aleph One? The open source modern port of Marathon 2/Infinity? That's the reason for the green logo (not blue, yellow or silver).... oh yeah, and:

"FROG BLAST THE VENTCORE!"

Yep. Loren Petrich still active in that project? I never got involved myself, for some reason, but I credit the Marathon series and the various map and physics model editors with sparking my interest in 3D graphics and programming.

ddd7 wrote:
OK so (Many days later) I got this code to work and made a package which hangs on my tiger box. I now I need to figure out what works and doesnt on the g3 versus g4 and panther v tiger front. Looks like we may need two binaries.

Grrr.

Digging further. If I build on a G3 avrdude hangs in my G4 based machines (and vice versa). If I build using xcode2.3 on Tiger its missing libraries (curses) on a stock panther (g4) box. My stock g4 panther box needs some tooling to do the builds so I will try again on packaging the avrdude.( I need to figure out what to do with the on the fly achitecture detection ) If I get this to work I will rebundle the DMG with the avrdude, the mfile and, the xcode templates.

If I post the completed source trees and rudimentary instructions can someone take a crack at intel binaries?

I am not entirely certain that the issue isnt with the serial adapters. To make matters worse the binary I created on the G3 "works for me" I will have a block o time this weekend.

good luck, I would offer to test but I only have G4 machines.

Finally made a working installer for the Xcode templates that doesn't require admin password. You would have thought that apple would have made installing to a home directory easier as they have the mirror directory structure there (~/Library/... etc.) but ~ does not expand in the installer :roll:

anyway keep us all posted. I haven't had any time lately to look at avrdude-gui or the debugging plugin...

(... over a month later ...) Did I meantion that I have a "stupid day job".

I located a couple of threads replicating the issue I was havint with avrdude.

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/avrdude-dev/2006-04/msg00007.html

I will try to get these solutions built and re package the whole DMG. I was wondering what the best way to cooperatively maintain this thing is. Should we make a project (sourceforge??) of it or should I throw up a cvs/svn repository out on digithink?

Nick do you have the new portable package for the xcode stuff bundled?

Lemme know.

ddd7 wrote:

I will try to get these solutions built and re package the whole DMG. I was wondering what the best way to cooperatively maintain this thing is. Should we make a project (sourceforge??) of it or should I throw up a cvs/svn repository out on digithink?

Nick do you have the new portable package for the xcode stuff bundled?

Heres the Xcode package (now uses a postflight script to copy into users home folder so now no root permissions are needed)

I think something like sourceforge would be a good place that way you don't get the bill if it ever gets on digg.com

Attachment(s): 

Hi
I'm trying to use your xcode template but always get a file not found error, can't find avr-gcc. I've set the path to the install folder, which is /usr/local/bin, in .profile and .chsrc and can "cd" into the project dir and run make from there and i't compiles. Please note I do not want to move mu avr toolchain. From the debug output posted below I can't see the /usr/local/bin path added to the PATH variable and think that is the problem. My question is: Am I correct and if I'm how do I add it in the Xcode commandline enviroment.

Thnx.

Debug Output:

Checking Dependencies
ExternalBuildToolExecution Make
    cd /Users/andrimar/Projects/Fle
    setenv ACTION 
    setenv APPLE_INTERNAL_DEVELOPER_DIR /AppleInternal/Developer
    setenv APPLE_INTERNAL_DIR /AppleInternal
    setenv APPLE_INTERNAL_DOCUMENTATION_DIR /AppleInternal/Documentation
    setenv APPLE_INTERNAL_LIBRARY_DIR /AppleInternal/Library
    setenv APPLE_INTERNAL_TOOLS /AppleInternal/Developer/Tools
    setenv BUILD_COMPONENTS "headers build"
    setenv BUILD_DIR /Users/andrimar/Projects/Fle/build
    setenv BUILD_ROOT /Users/andrimar/Projects/Fle/build
    setenv BUILD_STYLE Development
    setenv BUILD_VARIANTS normal
    setenv BUILT_PRODUCTS_DIR /Users/andrimar/Projects/Fle/build/Development
    setenv CC /usr/bin/cc
    setenv CLASS_FILE_DIR /Users/andrimar/Projects/Fle/build/Fle.build/Development/Make.build/JavaClasses
    setenv CLONE_HEADERS NO
    setenv CONFIGURATION Development
    setenv CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR /Users/andrimar/Projects/Fle/build/Development
    setenv CONFIGURATION_TEMP_DIR /Users/andrimar/Projects/Fle/build/Fle.build/Development
    setenv COPY_PHASE_STRIP NO
    setenv DEBUGGING_SYMBOLS YES
    setenv DERIVED_FILES_DIR 
    setenv DERIVED_FILE_DIR /Users/andrimar/Projects/Fle/build/Fle.build/Development/Make.build/DerivedSources
    setenv DERIVED_SOURCES_DIR /Users/andrimar/Projects/Fle/build/Fle.build/Development/Make.build/DerivedSources
    setenv DEVELOPMENT_LANGUAGE English
    setenv DO_HEADER_SCANNING_IN_JAM NO
    setenv DSTROOT /tmp/Fle.dst
    setenv ENABLE_HEADER_DEPENDENCIES YES
    setenv FILE_LIST /Users/andrimar/Projects/Fle/build/Fle.build/Development/Make.build/Objects/LinkFileList
    setenv FRAMEWORK_VERSION A
    setenv GCC3_VERSION 3.3
    setenv GCC_DYNAMIC_NO_PIC NO
    setenv GCC_GENERATE_DEBUGGING_SYMBOLS YES
    setenv GCC_OPTIMIZATION_LEVEL 0
    setenv GROUP andrimar
    setenv HEADERMAP_INCLUDES_FLAT_ENTRIES_FOR_TARGET_BEING_BUILT YES
    setenv HEADERMAP_INCLUDES_FRAMEWORK_ENTRIES_FOR_ALL_PRODUCT_TYPES YES
    setenv HEADERMAP_INCLUDES_NONPUBLIC_NONPRIVATE_HEADERS YES
    setenv HEADERMAP_INCLUDES_PROJECT_HEADERS YES
    setenv INSTALL_DIR "/tmp/Fle.dst/(INSTALL_PATH)"
    setenv INSTALL_GROUP andrimar
    setenv INSTALL_MODE_FLAG a-w,a+rX
    setenv INSTALL_OWNER andrimar
    setenv INSTALL_ROOT /tmp/Fle.dst
    setenv JAVA_APP_STUB /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Resources/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub
    setenv JAVA_ARCHIVE_CLASSES YES
    setenv JAVA_ARCHIVE_TYPE JAR
    setenv JAVA_COMPILER /usr/bin/javac
    setenv JAVA_FRAMEWORK_RESOURCES_DIRS Resources
    setenv JAVA_JAR_FLAGS cv
    setenv JAVA_SOURCE_SUBDIR .
    setenv JAVA_USE_DEPENDENCIES YES
    setenv JAVA_ZIP_FLAGS -urg
    setenv LOCAL_ADMIN_APPS_DIR /Applications/Utilities
    setenv LOCAL_APPS_DIR /Applications
    setenv LOCAL_DEVELOPER_DIR /Library/Developer
    setenv LOCAL_LIBRARY_DIR /Library
    setenv NATIVE_ARCH i386
    setenv OBJECT_FILE_DIR /Users/andrimar/Projects/Fle/build/Fle.build/Development/Make.build/Objects
    setenv OBJROOT /Users/andrimar/Projects/Fle/build
    setenv OPTIMIZATION_LEVEL 0
    setenv OS MACOS
    setenv PATH "/sw/bin/:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
    setenv PATH_PREFIXES_EXCLUDED_FROM_HEADER_DEPENDENCIES "/usr/include /usr/local/include /System/Library/Frameworks /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks /Developer/Headers"
    setenv PRODUCT_NAME Make
    setenv PROFILING_CODE NO
    setenv PROJECT Fle
    setenv PROJECT_DERIVED_FILE_DIR /Users/andrimar/Projects/Fle/build/Fle.build/DerivedSources
    setenv PROJECT_DIR /Users/andrimar/Projects/Fle
    setenv PROJECT_FILE_PATH /Users/andrimar/Projects/Fle/Fle.xcodeproj
    setenv PROJECT_NAME Fle
    setenv PROJECT_TEMP_DIR /Users/andrimar/Projects/Fle/build/Fle.build
    setenv REMOVE_CVS_FROM_RESOURCES YES
    setenv REMOVE_SVN_FROM_RESOURCES YES
    setenv SDKROOT 
    setenv SHARED_DERIVED_FILE_DIR /Users/andrimar/Projects/Fle/build/Development/DerivedSources
    setenv SOURCE_ROOT /Users/andrimar/Projects/Fle
    setenv SRCROOT /Users/andrimar/Projects/Fle
    setenv STRIP_INSTALLED_PRODUCT YES
    setenv SYMROOT /Users/andrimar/Projects/Fle/build
    setenv SYSTEM_ADMIN_APPS_DIR /Applications/Utilities
    setenv SYSTEM_APPS_DIR /Applications
    setenv SYSTEM_CORE_SERVICES_DIR /System/Library/CoreServices
    setenv SYSTEM_DEMOS_DIR /Applications/Extras
    setenv SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_APPS_DIR /Developer/Applications
    setenv SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_DEMOS_DIR "/Developer/Applications/Utilities/Built Examples"
    setenv SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_DIR /Developer
    setenv SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_DOC_DIR "/Developer/ADC Reference Library"
    setenv SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_GRAPHICS_TOOLS_DIR "/Developer/Applications/Graphics Tools"
    setenv SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_JAVA_TOOLS_DIR "/Developer/Applications/Java Tools"
    setenv SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_PERFORMANCE_TOOLS_DIR "/Developer/Applications/Performance Tools"
    setenv SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_RELEASENOTES_DIR "/Developer/ADC Reference Library/releasenotes"
    setenv SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_TOOLS /Developer/Tools
    setenv SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_TOOLS_DOC_DIR "/Developer/ADC Reference Library/documentation/DeveloperTools"
    setenv SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_TOOLS_RELEASENOTES_DIR "/Developer/ADC Reference Library/releasenotes/DeveloperTools"
    setenv SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_UTILITIES_DIR /Developer/Applications/Utilities
    setenv SYSTEM_DOCUMENTATION_DIR /Library/Documentation
    setenv SYSTEM_LIBRARY_DIR /System/Library
    setenv TARGETNAME Make
    setenv TARGET_BUILD_DIR /Users/andrimar/Projects/Fle/build/Development
    setenv TARGET_NAME Make
    setenv TARGET_TEMP_DIR /Users/andrimar/Projects/Fle/build/Fle.build/Development/Make.build
    setenv TEMP_DIR /Users/andrimar/Projects/Fle/build/Fle.build/Development/Make.build
    setenv TEMP_FILES_DIR 
    setenv TEMP_FILE_DIR /Users/andrimar/Projects/Fle/build/Fle.build/Development/Make.build
    setenv TEMP_ROOT /Users/andrimar/Projects/Fle/build
    setenv USER andrimar
    setenv USER_APPS_DIR /Users/andrimar/Applications
    setenv USER_LIBRARY_DIR /Users/andrimar/Library
    setenv XCODE_APP_SUPPORT_DIR "/Library/Application Support/Apple/Developer Tools"
    /usr/bin/make

-------- begin --------
sh: line 1: avr-gcc: command not found
make: *** [gccversion] Error 127

yep I used to get that all the time . easy fix.
in the target properties pagefor make ( double click make under targets or select and press command + option + e )
simply add /usr/local/bin/ to the PATH variable so it looks like

/usr/local/bin/:PATH 

I originally used mine with fink. I'll update the template to work with both asap.

Guys

This sounds like great work. What version of avr-gcc are you using? I'm currently using 4.0.1 with Eclispe 3.2. I also found avrdude hard to get working with the usb serial port adapters on my macbook, but i have no trouble with avrice.

I'm using eclipse as it's what I was used to and also because i got SVN working with it. However, I've just started messing with coding on the mac and would like to try xcode for the avr. Is it easy to get set up for avr and SVN?

Pages