File not found?

Go To Last Post
19 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I get alot of thees "File not found" in my disassembler. There were an error message asking me to locate c:avrdev\gcc\gcc-4.3.3\gcc\ I've got no folder with that name. Im guessing the problem is the "#include" but how do I fix it? :)

1: File not found
+00000773:   E2A1        LDI       R26,0x21       Load immediate
+00000774:   2E1A        MOV       R1,R26            Relative jump

and

- C:\Users\Kricka\Desktop\temp\temp\temp\default/c:/program files/atmel/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/util/delay_basic.h 105: File not found
+000000FB:   E0C3        LDI       R28,0x03       Load immediate
+000000FC:   E0D0        LDI       R29,0x00       Load immediate
Last Edited: Wed. Apr 14, 2010 - 08:44 AM

add: I can still simulate the code.

Well the c:\avrdev thing is because you need to replace your WinAVR. It's still called WinAVR20100110 but it's been replaced with a copy that fixes that problem.

The "file not found" for inlined code from .h files is just a limitation of Studio's .elf parser - just learn to live with it.

If you want a "better" disassembly look at the .lss file.

I had WinAVR20100110 but still I got the message that wanted me to locate the right files.

I've installed older version (2009) of WinAVR and now it works.

Quote:

I had WinAVR20100110

Yes but it's one from between the 10th and 20th of January. After the 20th it was replaced with one tat does not contain c:\avrdev debug references in the library code. Like I say the correct solution is not to wind back to 2009 but forward to the second 2010 issue (even if it does have exactly the same name)

I do have problem with this when I still use the WinAVR20100110 from the date 20th of January. Some ideas?

If I do run the "avrdude -v" I do get the 5.10 version.

grep your .o's and .a's for "avrdev"

I did not understand what you did mean clawson?

Quote:

grep your .o's and .a's for "avrdev"

Quote:

I did not understand what you did mean clawson?

Translation: With a file search tool capable of looking in other than plain text files, search trough your object and library files (those with file type .o and .a) for the string "avrdev".

"He used to carry his guitar in a gunny sack, or sit beneath the tree by the railroad track. Oh the engineers would see him sitting in the shade, Strumming with the rhythm that the drivers made. People passing by, they would stop and say, "Oh, my, what that little country boy could play!" [Chuck Berry]

"Some questions have no answers."[C Baird] "There comes a point where the spoon-feeding has to stop and the independent thinking has to start." [C Lawson] "There are always ways to disagree, without being disagreeable."[E Weddington] "Words represent concepts. Use the wrong words, communicate the wrong concept." [J Morin] "Persistence only goes so far if you set yourself up for failure." [Kartman]

Ah, apologies. As this thread has been edited the c:\avrdev problem in the first post was actually removed so while the subsequent discussion talks about it I'm guessing that when 256Doofus said:

Quote:
I do have problem with this

I'm guessing that "this" may not mean the problem where Studio asks you to locate source files for library functions.

Maybe 256Doofus can tells us what was actually meant by "this"? If it's simply that the Studio disassembler sometimes says "file not found" for header based inline functions then that is just something you have to learn to live with.

Quote:

Maybe 256Doofus can tells us what was actually meant by "this"? If it's simply that the Studio disassembler sometimes says "file not found" for header based inline functions then that is just something you have to learn to live with.

Proberly that....

I do get "Browse for folder" when start debugging.
The folder asked for is:
c:\avrdev\gcc\gcc-4.3.3\gcc\
c:\avrdev\gcc\gcc-4.3.3\config\

Then the debugger start in disassembler.

I have now undefined most of my code.

int32_t offset(int32_t data)
{
#if 1
	int32_t m_offset;
	m_offset = (data-(0.05*1.08*4096));
	return m_offset;
#endif
}
int32_t temperature(int32_t meas, int32_t cal)
{
#if 1
	int32_t m_temp;
	int32_t m_omeas;
	int32_t m_ocal;

m_omeas = offset(meas);
	m_ocal = offset(cal);
	m_temp = (m_omeas * (85+273))/(m_ocal) - 273;

return m_temp;
#endif
}

If i do only enable the first code part i do get the error "Browse for folder".
If i do only enable the last code part I do not get the error
"Browse for folder".

???

But is it not clear that the "c:\avrdev" issue is because you have the broken version of WinAVR? You need to redownload it now, completely uninstally the copy you have then use the new download to install it again.

I do have the latest version of WinAVR. Once again I did uninstall WinAVR. And downloaded a new version of WinAVR:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/...

But the problem i still there...

Then you are not installing the right thing or somehow the download you are making is coming froma dirty cache.

You can tell whether you have the right or the wrong version of WinAVR20100110 by running the command "avrdude -v" - if it's not 5.10 and it was not built on the 19th Jan then you do NOT have the right WinAVR

When running "avrdude -v"

Quote:

Version 5.10, compiled on Jan 19 2010 at 10:45:23

Ah well I just discovered something about even the latest WinAVR, see this thread:

http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.p...

As I said in the PS I have emailed the WinAVR maintainer so we'll have to see what he suggests. In the meantime follow the advice I gave in that thread and use "avr-strip -g" on the .a's that contain the c:\avrdev references.

Cliff

Quote:

for #a in (*.a) do avr-strip -g #a 

(you must use % in place of # in that!)

Thanks that did help. (Rembemer to take clean first I belive)

Here's a solution for Windows users:

http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.p...