Data transfer using AT86RF215 High data rate legacy OQPSK.

Go To Last Post
4 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi,

I am using two AT86RF215 radio. One of the radio is configured as the transmitter and the other radio configured as the receiver.  I am trying to send a continuous stream of data and verify successful reception on the receiver using the frame start and frame end interrupt. I followed the register settings given in the datasheet for the standard legacy OQPSK transmission and it works fine. I can successfully receive transmitted data. However when I try to use the High data rate mode. I run into problems. At first, I used the same settings as the standard legacy OQPSK except for the OQPSKC3.HRLEG bit set to 1. Which did not work(No frame start or end interrupts on the receiver). I also tried changing the MOD bit, reserved bit in OQPSKPHRTX to no avail.  The OQPSKC2.ENPROP bit is set to 1 so I believe the proprietary mode is enabled but I still see no data on the receiver end. 

Is there any specific register or combination to get this to work? Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Vijay 

Last Edited: Wed. Sep 20, 2017 - 04:28 PM

The "IoT" forum is where radio questions now go ...

Sorry that i do not have a direct answer  the question, but i think Atmel Studio performance analyzer project might be helpful. After configuring the required modulation and datarates on the performance analyzer GUI, you can do a register dump and compare it with your transceiver register settings this will help you finding any register setting that you might have missed. 

a phoenix will rise from the ashes at the right time and at the right place

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried using the performance Analyzer app and performed a PER test with HRLeg bit is set to 1. The PER test fails with the error message. "Unable to contact peer node"
However, the PER test works when the HRLeg bit is set to 0.

Regards

Last Edited: Tue. Oct 10, 2017 - 06:30 PM